cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending Customer to Sales Area

former_member331715
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I have a customer with General data and Company Code Data created. Now I want it to extend to Sales Area. I know it may be possible through XD01 transaction. But how? It gives an error message saying this custmer data is not exisitng in Sales area so and so.

Please guide me... I am basically SCM Guy...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

If I am correct u have created the customer code with general and company code data and you require to extend it for the sales area. If this is the case, go to XDO1 and give the customer number( which u want to extend to sales area) company code and sales area and reference data also repeat the above steps. It may solve ur problem.

pls let me know wether it is helpful for solving ur problem or not.

Regards,

CS

former_member331715
Participant
0 Kudos

ok

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It gives an error message saying this custmer data is not exisitng in Sales area so and so.

Can you more specific where error message occurs ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my understanding is correct u want to extend sales area.

First check that customer is created or not if created then go to xd02 and see that customer is created in which a/c group

by go to Extras--> administrtive data and check the A/c grop.

Next check the Sales org and distribution channel and Division are created or not.

If not then u need to create and assaignmets need to be done. then

Got XD01--> GIVE Acount group --> then Customer no and company code sales area then u will enetr

TCHECK THAT sales area is there in TVTA TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales are is the combination of Sales organisation,Dist Channel and Division.

U need to make the Common dist channel/Common div.

then only u can extend the sales area of this customer.

Path>IMG-Sales & Dist-Master data-Business partners Common Distribution channel & Common Div.

For Ex: U r having the Dist channels 1,2,3 (Here u r making 1 as the common dist channel) like that do in the Common Divisions also,

Then u can extend u r sales area to this customer.

nitesh_hatizar
Participant
0 Kudos

If error message is ' Sales area is not defined for customer' thn u need to check that which t-code u r using. R u using XD02 for that....if u want to extend ur customer master for new sales agra then use XD01 and enter new sales area..when u save it a massage will come like customer is already define u r extending for new sales area..press enter and save it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Knowguy,

Could we kindly verify if the customer master data, General Data is in the same sales area as the one that we wish to extend.

Then, the action would be generally unnecessary.

The requirement arises, when we would wish the customer to extended or created in new sales area, for which the General Data is not extended at all.

In other words, kindly extend the general data to the desired sales area, before proceeding to the sales views.

Trust you find the reply useful.

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly use VD01 to maintain a sales area data.

thanks