cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Analysis for 2 open request in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

If in CUP i have 2 open request by same user which individually may not give any Risk but collectively may have some risk assosiated with it how do i address this real time.

(I iunderstand that this risks can be discovered in RAR but i want to address this in CUP itself)

Scenarios:

1]My Manager approves the request No. 1 and before this request is closed by Security he has another request ,request No. 2 by same user.

2]Both the request by same user are pending with Manager.

Is it possible to discover the risks in this 2 open request by Manager or say anyone in the path?.

How should we handle such scenarios?

Is there any way i can set a rule for open request.( The user should not be able to create same request type if he has an open request in this category)

Please suggest.

best regards,

Charukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charukesh,

When you perform Risk Analysis in CUP, you are analyzing roles in the Request with the roles assigned to the user in the respective system or cross system.

Considering the way the Risk Analysis function behaves in CUP, as mentioned by our friends it is not possible for CUP to consider the roles in the request that is process.

As mentioned by Simon in this message, taking the advantage of "Simulation" functionality in RAR is the best way to go for the scenario mentioned.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Charukesh,

I have not seen anyone configure risk analysis based upon consolidation of two pending requests.

It would, of course, be possible to perform a manual simulation of the addition of the two roles.

Or, once one is approved, the second would then trigger conflicts if re-run at the point of approval but I don't think that it is possible to configure automated analysis of one request while taking into account the other one which is also still pending.

I would suggest contacting the Customer Advisory Group of SAP to get the confirmed answer to this though.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this would be available automatically. You would have to run simulation in RAR.

Regards,

Alpesh