cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with import when enhancing SAP standard enterprise service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been following the Enterprise Services Enhancement Guide on SDN:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942e5d]

but am having problems with the import from the SLD to the ESR.

The service that I'm attempting to enhance has been delivered within the Enterprise Services Add-on ESA ECC-SE 603.

We're running SAP ECC 6.0 (without any enhancement packs) in conjunction with PI 7.0.

In the SLD, I've been able to define a new Product and Component Version and have defined 'ESA ECC-SE 603' as a Installation Time prerequisite dependency.

However, when it comes to importing the Enhanced Software Component Version into XI (via 'Tools > Transfer from System Landscape Directory > Import Software Component Versions'), no dependencies are shown under the 'Details' tab, nor is there a 'Basis Objects' folder displayed within the tree for the imported software component.

I've also tried to import the software component 'ESA ECC-SE 603' directly into the XI ESR but this also results in no entries within the tree for that software component.

Are there any pointers to any steps that I've missed and/or configuration in the SLD that I need to check?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I was able to figure out the issue - the appropriate XI Content had not been installed on the XI server.

With that installed, I've been able to continue.