cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install transport request files into the SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to install transport request files into my SAP source and target system . I am from BW/BI background so can anyone help me out with the step by step procedure for the above installation.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Please check with the transport route has been arranged or not ...

If it is configured, then take the TR's into the source client manually

use STMS -> Extras -> other requests -> Add and simply import the transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand is, you want to transport request from one server to another.

for example, Development to Qualtiy or Quality to Production.

For this your transport system must be configured. Please search help.sap.com or google for "How to configure Transport System (STMS)".

If you want to copy transport request from one system to another system which is not in your landscape, you need to physically move/copy transport request (cofile and datafile) to the target system in /usr/sap/trans/cofiles and /usr/sap/trans/data

Then import that request using SCC1.

You can alos perform TEST import for result.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

move/copy transport request (cofile and datafile) to the target system in /usr/sap/trans/cofiles and /usr/sap/trans/data

Once the transport files are copied you can use STMS -> Extras -> other requests -> Add and simply import the transport

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't found such a menu item in my system (ERP 6.04).

So I've successfully used program

YRS_UPLOAD_TRANSPORT_REQUEST

to install CKMHELP package. The program can be downloaded from here [http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Upload_and_download_SAP_transport_request]

Paul.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That doesn't make any sense... can you rephrase that please?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are actually trying to implement the backup/restore functionality in our BI system for getting the backup for our data targets. We have a how to guide for this and in that i was asked to install the " Transport request files " these transport

requests contains all the NetWeaver objects that are required to complete this How-To Guide.These objects must be imported into our system before continuing any further. It was suppose to be done by Basis admin ppl but i was asked to do it. Any step by step procedure for the above will be a great help.