cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import Structure of SQL metadata in PI 7.1 using external defination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a JDBC to File Scenario.My database is SQL Server.I am trying to import metadata of sql table structure in ESR

refering the blog:http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417400)ID1636393650DB10213226047035219960End?blog=/pub/wlg/7346

But failed to get connected to database.

I am using following parameters in Reciever communication channel of JDBC for importing metadata.

JDBC Driver : com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection : jdbc:sqlserver://Host:Port

where Host is ip address of sql server,port is port number of sql server.I am doubt in Connection parameter defined above.

Thanks

Deepak Jaiswal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the required JDBC drivers are installed.

Refer to SAP Note 1138877 - PI 7.1 : How to Deploy External Drivers JDBC/JMS Adapters

Regards

Soumen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with:

JDBC driver --> com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Connection --> jdbc:sqlserver://host:port;DatabaseName=Your_database

and of course, verify if your the connection parameters and user are correct.

Regards,

Carme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried with your comments.But i am still getting same error while importing through external defination.The error i get is "Error occurred while attempting to connect to database".Please do reply.

Thanks

Deepak Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried with your comments.But i am still getting same error while importing through external defination.The error i get is "Error occurred while attempting to connect to database".Please do reply.

Thanks

Deepak Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

Deepak Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

Deepak Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

Deepak Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are sure about your connection parameters, try without port.

I have similar scenarios and it works with:

connection --> jdbc:server_name;DatabaseName=database_name

Regards,

Carme.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you deployed required JDBC drivers in your system?? please check have you done properly or not.

and check the connection and DB details correct or not.

check communication channel configuration correct or not using communication channel monitoring.

what is the error are you getting while importing meta data from DB?

Regards,

Raj