cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MI client 7.0 compatible with MI server 7.01?

ricky_chan2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are planning to install EHP1 to NW 7.0 MI system.

On Server side,

MI 7.0 SP12 -> 7.01 SP6

and then upgrade on client side

MI 7.0 SP12 -> 7.01 SP6

We would like to migrate MI client on PDA by phases within a month.

Can PDA with MI client 7.0 SP12 sync with MI server 7.01 SP6?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ricky_chan2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

Thanks for your reply.

The release notes of EHP1 of NW 7.0 and its SP do not mention any new feature on MI.

Where can I find the information about DOE in NW 7.0 EHP1 ?

Regards,

Ricky

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

There are no new features which are added to 7.01(when compared to 7.0) and hence technically it is same as MI 7.0. So, you should be able to sync MI 7.0 clients with MI 7.01 server without any issues.

MI 7.1 is a completely re-architected version and hence you will not be able to synchronize MI7.0 client with MI 7.1 server.

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

there is no SDOE in 7.01. The MI7.01 is a version of MI7.0 with just a few fixes included. The Version MI7.1 is something totally else, and there we haveavtually MI7.11. So I would say it is obvious: 7.01 and 7.11 is not the same

Due to that you are able to run latest MI7.0 client against the MI7.01 server, as there are no changes in communication layer.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what I know, its not possible to sync a MI client 7.0 to a SAP NW 7.01 (Includes Mobile 7.1).

The architecture of NW 7.01 includes a new module for communication called DOE (Data Orchestration Engine) that MI client will need to call to synchronize.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gilberto Li