cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI capabilities in monitoring and control and using other software

Former Member
0 Kudos

I implement SAP XI (We're working on XI 3.0 SP19) has long been often asked about the software capabilities in monitoring and control.

Not yet formulated a final answer and I'll be happy to hear your opinion.

What things are supposed to:

Monitoring - The monitoring capabilities of XI from the corner I saw they did not impress; I tried unsuccessfully to work with Alert monitoring within the XI but did not get the desired results.

As of today I pass every morning on the interfaces and then see problems - mapping problems, change password in one of the FTP servers of customers, etc.

In fact today I have no possibility to discover problems in real time.

Now the questions:

How do you monitor your interfaces in real time?

Do you use external software monitoring? Which programs?

Is there any news in PI 7.1 in this area?

I'd happy to hear your opinion.

Elad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How do you monitor your interfaces in real time?

I have defined Alerts, whenever anything goes wrong (mapping, BPM, send) I get corresponding error messages in my mailbox.

you mentioned Alert didnt worked for you, what were the configurations steps that you followed. Did you do the Alert troubleshooting as mentioned by Michal in one of his blogs?

Also a daily round of RWB/ SXMB_MONI keeps you updated.

Do you use external software monitoring? Which programs?

No, at most if you want you can configure CCMS (to monitor the entire SAP landscape)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Thanks for the answer.

I'll give you an example:

I have a scenario in XI RFC-XI-FILE. Our portal upload the files from the folder.

Points I want to monitor:

1. Is the ECC work OK and create RFC?

2. Is XI created the file?

And the main problem:

3. is the portal took the file?

I'm looking for a way to check the destination folder (from where the portal takes the files) is empty. I want to get an alert that the folder contains files after Sunday 00:00.

How do I monitoring these 3 things (mainly of Section 3)? Is the XI having capabilities to do it?

Thank you very much.

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For Point 2 and Point 3.RedWood's CPS can some what help you out.CPS can tell you when the file is created in any location of a file system.

The same way for point 3 some solution can be found.May not be directly.

Regards,

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For Point 2 and Point 3.RedWood's CPS can some what help you out.CPS can tell you when the file is created in any location of a file system.

Regards,

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Regards,

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Regards,

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Regards,

SJ

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

1. Is the ECC work OK and create RFC?

In ECC are you using any event to send data using RFC. Then Redwood may be able to check if event has been triggered from ECC by using GET_SAP_Event job.

2. Is XI created the file?

After first step Redwood will check the respective FTP folder whether file has been created in designated folder after certain period of Interval.

And the main problem:

3. is the portal took the file?

Once Redwood check file has been generated on the FTP after some interval it will check if file is still there or not. And it can also trigger Alert Email if there is file in destination folder after Sunday 00.00

Answers (0)