cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order creation for a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to know how to create quotation ,sales order, delivery and Billing for a total project. Let me explain the situation.. Customer has 4 different product.. they have 4 Plants to produce those materials.. They will sell each products individually and combination of others also. Their sales process is Customer will place an order for the total project which involves supply erection and Training. The erection and training may take 3 months to 1 year. The requirement is customer wants to create quotation and sales order creation in SAP. Also they want to map the erection and Training in SAP. They would like to capture the expenses involved during the erection and Training period. In this case excise duty, Sales Tax and service Tax all are involved in the same project.

Can any one suggest some idea

Thanks in advance

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone thru your requirement.

If your project based billing then you should keep ready project and wbs links in SAP.

You should have four excise plants and related configuration

Now you want to do

Supply from plant

Erection at site

Training at site

As project has all those facilities, you have to change few settings those are required for Project based billing.

1.Three Different Order Type [supply / Eraction and training]

2.Three Pricing procedure for each [supply / Eraction and training]

3.Two item category [supply / milestone]

Project should be maintain with one wbs with three different network, activities and milestone for services rendered.

Try this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is understood that your client has 4 plants for 4 different materials. Your client sells materials and service (1.Installation of equipment and 2.Training the users). Your client wants to know the cost of the sold items (Materials and services). The billings are subjected to all applicable taxes.

As you know, these requirements can be mapped in SAP by SD and PS modules.

SD Module: Whatever the customer places the order (either partially or as total), you can create quotations. The materials are finished goods (FERT) and service materials (DIEN). The pricing procedure should consider all applicable duties and taxes.

The business flow: Quotation >> Sales order >> Delivery of goods >> Billing (VF01) >> Excise Invoice >> Account receivable.

Note: To link the sales order with PS module you have to maintain respective u2018WBS Elementu2019 in the Account assignment tab of the sales order. This is used for planned revenue in PS.

Since you are supplying goods from all plants, maintain all plants to Sales organization and distribution channel combination in Assignment of Enterprise structure.

PS Module:

If the customer orders for an entire project including supply of materials, installation and training the users, create a project definition for that project in the project system. Assign a main WBS element under the project definition. Assign lower level WBS element according to your need. Under the WBS element network is assigned. Under the network activities are assigned. Under the activity there are activity elements. There are different types of activities; internal, external etc.

You can assign different WBS element for services. Under this the relevant activities are assigned.

You can budget for the project; you can assign supplementary budget if it is required.

When you release the project the Purchase requisitions are generated. The MM persons will create PO and procure the materials for the project.

All the materials required are initiated from PS. Here every activity is routed through PS including service. So, all the expenses are captured.

By settlement rule, the cost is arrived at different levels.

The configuration is to be done accordingly.

Hope this give you an idea on the subject.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madam,

Thanks for the Reply.

I got some picture about the solution.. Here my client gives quotation to his customer all together..ie Products, Installation and Training .Is it possible to create Pricing procedure with all combinations in same document type. Give me some idea..

I am trying with different condition tables and conditions..

Any way thanks a lot for giving idea to proceed...

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Create a value (or) quantity contract for all the materials, works (or) services and with reference to the contract,create the sales order and in sales order create seperate manual conditions for the reuired combinations.for the services pls create service PO in me21m.

Pls let me know if it useful for u or not.

regards,

CS

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you considered integration between SD ad Project System (PS)? With it and with milestone billing you should be able to achieve your requirements. See the SAP Librabry under the path "SAP ERP central component --> Logistics --> Sales and distribution --> Billing --> Billing plan --> Milestone billing".

Hope to be useful.

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

Thanks for reply

My requirement is how to do the entire cycle.. starting from PS ( I am aware PS will do, I would like to know how it can be achieved ) If you can explain how to do it would be great help

Thanks

Sriram