Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service to ECC

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I got one scenario which i have to Integrate the Documentum to SAP system. for this i have to use web service scenario.

Can you people tell me ,how to i have connect to these documentum system through web service (wht type of RFC connection are req) wht type of config req.

Regards

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Documentum (WS) --> ECC

It will be a normal SOAP --> XI/ PI --> IDOC/ RFC/ PROXY scenario .....is there anything else that you are looking for?

Regards,

Abhishek.

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Ya I Need to Know that , how i have to connect the this Documentum system .Wht type of RFC Connecttion i have make.

wht are the configuration steps are req.............

Regards

Abhay

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No RFC destination is required for SOAP sender/ receiver....you need to generate a WSDL out of SAP XI/ PI and provide the same to the source Documentum server designers.

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Than how we will connect to documentum server.........means i want know how i will connect my PI/XI system to Documentum system. how Can I check the connectivity between Documentum and XI........

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It will be some thing like this :

Doc(Sender) -> SAP PI --> ECC

for which

SAP PI : you will be generating a WSDL in PI 7.1 and providing it to your Doc(sender) server.

Docum Server : It will consume the WSDL and trigger the data accordingly.

No specific Destination is required:

If you go for proxies on ECC.

It will be Sender SOAP communication channel and on receiver it will be XI Communication Channel ;if triggering point is your Docume Server..

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

There will be some process to create a web service from the Documentum system which can be used in PI to connect with the RFC.

Please check whether this will give an idea about webservices in Documentum

http://developer.emc.com/developer/Articles/wsf/Inside_the_Web_Services_Framework.htm#transport

Regards,

Tiny

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do we connect to internet?

Ask the Documentum designers to ping the XI/ PI server (port of the XI/ PI server should be opened from their end)......there is nothing in XI/ PI to be done in this regards..... are both Documentum and XI in the same landscape?

May be you should start with your development meanwhile if the port is not opened in documentum.

Regards,

Abhishek.