cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

Can someone explain me the role of the transaction " control settings for communication process" where we are defining process template , processes, activities, messages, activity sequence.

I have gone through the documentation but need to understand the logic behind the determination of messages for communication and the role of this process template.

In a clear way when a documnet gets created in GTS , document type is linked with Action profile.

Action profile will have Action definitions.

Action definitions are linked with Messages. and hence the messages are determined.and for the action definition we specify conditions .

Where does Process template come to action in this process.I am missing the logic somewhere ,can someone help me understand this

Thank you very much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the transaction " control settings for communication process" you define the "sequence" of the process and all possible messages (inbound and outbound, electronic or paper based).

Action profile and -definition are linked to a message. The messages are clusterd within activities and the acitivities are in relation with the process and the acitivitie sequence.

From a customs perspective, this reflects the "ping-pong" game which is required for the exchange of electronic messages with the authorities. That means, you have to sent first Message A, than you get message B back and than you are allowed to sent Message C and you can print Message D....in conjunction with the default data mechanism you will atuomatically get the rigth message determination in a cutoms declaration...

hope that helps,

regards.

Ralf