cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find PO from Material document in external subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I create a subcontracting PO with main item line and components.

and sends the items to the external vendor by doing a transfer posting (mb1b) with movement type 541.

having that transfer posting document number only, is there a way to get back to the corresponding PO document?????

(keep in mind still i hvnt done the GR, the materials are with the vendor)

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing 541 you can use the text field as your PO reference so that u can track the PO through material document.

Regards,

MBKM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Previous answers were not correct - you cannot find the PO number in material document even if you execute the stock tranasfer to your subcontractor with reference to a PO in MB1B.

E.g. if you delivered the compoenents already with reference to a PO you are able to use the same PO in MB1B to transfer the same components again (system suggests the.same components, same quantity).

So, there's no such link between material movement and PO you are looking for.

If you want to have reference you have to do it manually (e.g. as text remark) or go to development.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jeyakanthan A and Vikas,

the answer u gave wasn't working.... because mvt. type 541 was just to transfer the material and still i hvnt done any GR.

it shws the PO NUMBER column as blank when i do that.

Sanjay,

here it will show all the POs which is not wt i want.

Csaba Szommer,

Yeah u exacly got my point. But i was thinking that there is some way.... Other experts please contribute and let me know if ther is any.

cheers

Edited by: wizkid0319 on Feb 18, 2010 12:25 PM

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter transfer posting document no.,Movment type 541,Spl indicator - 'O' in MB51,You can find p.o no. for material doc. no.,

I have tested it successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jay...

it works for other movement types but it doesnt display the PO number... i just tried.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MB51, use movement type as 541, Enter vendor, Material ,plant ( any related information you know) enter posting date execute, in layout changes select Purchase Order field.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you know vendor number only then RUN ME2O by giving vendor number and it will display all PO nos for that vendor

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thru MB51,You can find p.o no. from material document,In report,Click document list,Click change layout add purchase order no. field from hidden fields to left side,save layout.