cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling with Forecast Dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to know whether following is possible.

When creating a project initial schedule dates based on Activity Duration and Activity Relationships should reflect as Basic Dates. After project creation, when ever the Project Manager reschedule the project, those reschedule dates should be reflect as Forecasted dates.

By doing this the Project Manager will be able to identify Initial Plan as Basic Dates, Reschedule Plan as Forecasted Dates and Actual as Actual Dates.

Very Much Appreciate your Support,

Dileepa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select "Set of dates" as only Forecast Dates and then reschedule the project. (in Project planning board)

To be on a safer side, I suggest you to create a user status which will not allow you to change basic dates during scheduling.

Regards,

Amol Sarode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please tell me the particular action/task which I should prohibit under the particular User Status.

Thanks,

Dileepa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I did reschedule Forecasting Dates using CN24 (Overall Network Scheduling) transaction. But after doing this, overall Project and WBS Elements dates does not changes based on the reschedule Network Time lines.

Further I have define "Network determines dates" as the Scheduling method in WBS Schedule Profile.

Very much appreciate your guidance,

Dileepa.