Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing in SAP PI 7.1 ehp1

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

What is the importence of Sizing,i read some PDF in service market place but still i am not clear about that,if anybody invloved in Sizing part please share your experiences.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sizing is very important while you start installing some new system.

Your sizing will define how much RAM, CPU and storage space etc. you need for your system. Good sizing will always lead to good performance of the system. Sizing you can do with the quick sizer tool available on SMP.

Thanks

Sunny

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your replay, i know basic info about Sizing,other than Sizing tool what is the other alternative??

if i have to work on sizing part,what i hae to do exaclty in PI System??

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

For PI Sizing generally it will be based on the How many messages are proceed and also the size of the messages.

For processing the messages in PI its mainly depend on the CPU. RAM:CPU shuould be 2:1.

And also you need to consider the no of interfaces, for this network will be the main.

Mahesh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mahesh,yes you are correct, i prepared all list identifying number of interfaces and numbe rof messages,volumes evrything,

now what are the steps required in Sizing??

Regards,

Raj

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to quick sizer tool and it will tell you what all input you need to provide to do sizing.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now you go to URL http://service.sap.com/quicksizer where you can find the quick sizer tool. Then create a new project and select the SAP Netweaver PI. Now, give the details which you have collected and calculate. This will give the number of SAPS and RAM required.

If you give that SAPS details to your hardware vendor then they will recommened or suggest the required hardware as per the SAPS.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks used quick sizing tool