cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install JDT example plugins in NetWeaver Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using the SAP Web AS (Java 6.40) Sneak Preview Edition and am having a problem installing the JDT example plugins in the NetWeaver Developer Studio WorkBench.

I have followed the instructions given in the 'Java Development User Guide' of the WorkBench online help (Getting Started >>Basic Tutorial>>Preparing the Workbench >>Installing the JDT Example Plugins) :

1. I have downloaded the Examples zip file (eclipse-examples-2.1.2-win32.zip ) from www.eclipse.org/downloads

2. The zip file has been extracted to the root Eclipse directory, C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\ while ensuring that the WorkBench is not running.

3. However, after restarting the Workbench, there is no message indicating that the updates have been detected. Moreover, when I navigate to File > New > Example.. in the WorkBench, I don't see any examples which have been installed.

Please advise on the correct procedure for installing the JDT example plugins in the WorkBench.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Maxtor Peripherals (S) Pte Ltd.

Singapore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JiriEhrlich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please use File->Import->Existing Project into Workspace or File->Import->Multiple Existing Projects into Workspace.

Jiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jiri,

Thanks for the reply. I have followed your instructions but am still unable to install the Eclipse plugins and examples. While importing, if I point to the Eclipse base folder where I have unzipped the downloaded file, none of the examples/plugins are recognized.

I would like to emphasize that the examples to which I was referring in my earlier note are not the standard examples which are delivered alongwith the SAP Web AS Sneak Preview installation. I am trying to install the examples which have been downloaded from the Eclipse website. These have been described in the WorkBench online help in the following section :

Platform plugin Developer Guide > Examples Guide > Installing examples manually..

The examples are Address Book, Clipboard, File Viewer etc.

I understand that the prerequisite for this is the installtion of the Eclipse plugins. As described in my earlier email, I have followed the instructions but the Workbench is not being updated with the Eclipse plugins.

Awaiting your reply..

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil..

I suppose u might have found the solution, if not, this may help u..

unzipped the plug into certain location.. it just look like after extraction

e.g, org.eclipse.example

so directly copy this folder to plugin folder of Eclipse directory

e.g, copy c:/org.eclipse.example c:/eclipse3.0/plugin

then restart the tool

and dont forget to read the instructions which may u find while downloading that plugin, it will help u how to run that plugin.

cheers

irfan