cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ for Combined SAP Portal and NWDI/Java landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am bit of confused on the combine Portal and NWDI CTS+ Configurations. I know how to setup the CTS+ for Portal (Portal iView). We have installed a NWDI server, now I want to combine Portal and NWDI into one CTS+. We have only NWDI Server (Development Only).

Solution Manager is the system who is acting as our Domain Controller

I am confused about the visual admin settings, where you create destination under RFC call --> sap.com./com.sap.tc.di.CTSserver --> This current setting I have on Portal Development (EPD) this is currently talking to solution Manager.

My question if want to combine EP and NWDI, do I still keep that destination in the Portal Visual admin? or I have setup this on the NWDI Server? and delete it from Portal? or Do i need to configure this on NWDI and Portal?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I am in same situation. How did you resolve this issue?

I have another question for you.

If we decide to use Solution Manager as a communication system then CTSDEPLOY which we configure through LPCONFIG should point to Solution Manager or your development system only? DO we need to configured CTSDELPOY for QA and PRD system too? Again it should point to Solution Manager?

Do you know any good document for CTS+ configuration. For Portal on SDN I found document only for Netweaver 7.0 SP13, we are on EHP1 and I did not see any document for that.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must configure on both Portal and NWDI RFC communication in the visual admin. You must need to setup the CTSDEPLOY on the Solution Manager. No QA or Production (these are java systems), you can only have one CTSDEPLOY attached to LPCONFIG transaction from Solution Manager ABAP. I followed the CTS+ best Practice Documentation. That is more than sufficient to configure the CTS+.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Kumar.

One more question, right now we have track setup in NWDI for all .SCA files etc for portal.. so if i implement CTS+ we dont need to use those tracks right?

In STMS you added all JAVA systems directly in SOLMAN?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDI track concept is different from CTS+

CTS+ for transport management

Track - which create for each developing software components and track the changes which also hooks up to SLD.

Once the compilation done, then CTS+ comes to picture.

Yep, Java systems must be added in STMS. Btw, we are using NWDI one development system only, we do not have Consolidation system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I am confuse in one scenario.

Our EP system is ABAP+JAVA system. We need to add CTS + in CHARM too. So do I have to configure CTS+ for EP system seperately (as per dual landscape scenario) and then create domain link between SOLMAN and EP for CHARM?

Is this a right way?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not quite how CTS+ works with in CHARM. I would think if you create the Domain Link between two landscape it should work fine.

Kumar

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kumar,

I have small confusion here as per your answer. "You must configure on both Portal and NWDI RFC communication in the visual admin"

means we have only one visual admin which is under /usr/sap/SID/JCXX/j2ee/admin/

Could you please mention what is both areas,  are you using NWDI separate sid and portal separate SID and both are in same host ?

Please reply. Thanks.

Pavan.