cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product location delete in apo

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to delete 40 maerials from a plant which are obsolete.

I want to delete them all at once. I am aware that I need to delete the transaction data first and then the master data.

what is the exact process and t-code do do mass deletions?

1. transaction data deletion for those products in that plant

2. ppm's, t-lanes,resources, quota arrangements etc should be deleted? if yes, what is the t-code to delete all for those materisl in that plant?

3. finally do the product delete? if yes, which transaction for mass deletions?

should i really do step 2? or just delete transaction data and then delete products from the plant should be enough?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCM0925,

Good news and bad news.

There is a transaction that will mass delete master data, WUF. If you run it online, you can instantly delete all master data. There are a couple of other ways to mass delete data, but for me this is the quickest.

Bad news is that ALL dependent transactional data must be first deleted. I don't know what kind of tx data you have, but I will give you a basic start. If the parts are really obsolete, there shouldn't be any transactional data and this should be a breeze.

One shortcut is to inactivate all integration models for these materials, then run /SAPAPO/CCR against them. If you are lucky, all the transactional data will appear as 'not in integration model' and will allow you to delete it all with one stroke. If not, then you are cursed with slogging through each bit of transactional data manually. Some of it is real fussy to eliminate.

Once all the transactional data is gone, you have to delete the master data. Most everything can be deleted online in WUF (one exception is PPM, which you can mass delete using /sapapo/ppm_del). I usually start with object 'location product', paste in my products, and see which ones it will let me delete. WUF will also tell you which objects are preventing you from completing your product deletions.

If you have any master data objects that will now allow deletion because they are in the active model (like resources), you can use the Supply chain Engineer /SAPAPO/SCC07 to remove them from the active model.

Good luck. The first mass deletion can be a real learning experience.

Rgds,

DB49

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thnaks for the reply. But how do we delete using WUF? wuf is just to see where used ..

could you please elaborate on how to delete master data using WUF? steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

WUF

Select, say, object type Location Product.

On the selection screen, select attribute Product.

In the parameter section, paste your list of products to be deleted. Optionally, you can also add in the specific locations if you know them (makes it run faster)

At the bottom, tick "display all selected objects"

Execute. Wait.

When the selection program completes, you will have two panes.

On the left pane will be a list of folders. Expand all the folders.

Within the list of folders will be a list of products. ANY THAT ARE GREEN CAN BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY HERE. You can select 'all', then hit the trash can. Product and Location product data are deleted immediately, no additional program needs to be run.

Any of the products that are yellow still have dependent objects. Double click on the product.

Now on the right hand pane, you will see the dependent objects. Click on one of the buttons, say, "LC order" or "ATP order" or "Source of supply".

The object(s) that are preventing deletion are now listed. You can select any of these, then hit the 'Goto maintenance tool" button (hammer and wrench). This will take you to a maintenance screen. I can tell you that not all maintenance screens support deletion of the object. For instance, ATP orders can generally not be deleted in SCM in 'standard' order maintenance dialogues (although it can be done).

Anyhow, once you have removed all the dependent objects, re-run WUF with the same parameters. All newly freed master objects are now green, and can be deleted immediately.

Rgds,

DB49

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

DM,

Thanks for the reply. I tried going to wuf and i saw atporders, lcorders, ppm and source of supply.

1. I tried to select atp order and the maintainence button is grey out

2. I tried to select lcorder and here the mainataince button is active. I clicked maintainence button and it took me to a process order, but the delete button is greyed out in the proces order.

is there anyway to delete these atporders and lcorders? thanx

i am running on scm 4.1

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the below method

1) Use /n/sapapo/rlcdel to remove all transactional data elements

2) Use /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER to delete any PP firmed orders

3) Also delete all transactional data elements from R/3 as well

4) Verify whether all transactional data are removed from R/3 and APO

5) Run delta report to check whether anything still not deleted

6) Put deletion flag in R/3 for location products

7) Activate again the integration model for those location products with deletion flag

😎 Finally, all old location products will get deleted.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Senthil,

1. I used rlcdel and deleted all category type orders for that material in location. then i checked wuf , i still see lcorders.

took those lcorder numbers and again used rlcdel by order number. then it says no orders exist in livecache. but if i check wuf, i see lcorders. why is this happening?

2. i also ran delete_pp_orders, it gives a message "no deletion of converted orders in actuve version.

3. the only thing i am succesfull is deleting atporder using sdorder_del

an help appreciated.

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

the only lc orders left are purchase orders and conrel type.

I just came to know that r/3 converted orders cannot be deleted by standard report /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER.

so is there anyway to delete these orders? thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Senthil's advice, refer to note

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1411359

Also, delete all temporary requirements transaction /SAPAPO/AC06

Not likely, but program /SAPAPO/DM_ATREE_REMOVE_TREES will delete certain ATP orders

Finally, if all else fails, you can use /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS , but it requires that you have the GUID.

Rgds,

DB49

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

DM,

I tried /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS and it does delete the purchase orders and conrel orders.

but i am trying to understand why these orders are not getting deleted with normal reports?

is there any reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a reason. Unfortunately, in your system, I don't know what it is.

Generally, as stated by Senthil, certain data is supposed to be removed only by the OLTP system. Realistically, over a period of time, inconsistencies can occur. ECC might send a delete signal, and SCM doesn't process it properly, would be one example. Another would be a queue was blocked, and someone deleted the LUW rather than processing it. LiveCache could have shutdown 'inelegantly'. There are countless other reasons this could happen. If you have time on your hands, you are welcome to research further. For me, I can sometimes determine the reasons. Many times, I cannot. At that point, I choose to delete the inconsistent orders using this tool, and just move on to more pressing matters.

Anyhow, hope you have been able to delete your products.....

Rgds,

DB49

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am able to delete the transaction data but some issues with the master data

1. In wuf..I enter product location combination and i see 3 ppm's where this product is used. In one ppm it is used as main product and other 2 it is used as child components.

but when I use /sapapo/pp_del and select product location combination, I see only 1 ppm. why dont I see other 2 ppm's in which this material is used?

2. I am not able to delete the ppm using sapapo/ppm_del. on the screen it says ppm deleted , but still i can open the ppm in the system.

note: our ppm's are created manually in apo...and they are in active model but not in active version

Edited by: SCM0925 on Feb 24, 2010 4:35 PM

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just found out we have issue with one of the ABAP program, error "convt_no_number" that is not updating the deletions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With respect to /SAPAPO/PPM_DEL, I have never seen your particular error, but I have had problems with it. It generally does a poor job of trapping unexpected errors, and, at least for me, often gives me short dumps if the underlying PPMs have certain inconsistencies.

When I cannot delete a PPM using that program, I will sometimes go into change mode in transaction /SAPAPO/SCC03. Delete all operations. Save. Inactivate. Then delete. Up until today, I have never found a PPM that could not be deleted this way.

I probably should have raised an OSS message, but I am a lazy sod.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I was doing a search of similar problem I have at hand now but cant get the straight way out.

For me the location exists in the data base but dont see the LOCID againt it.. i.e. LOCMAP is blank for one of the locations.

My objective is to delete the location permanenety and re-do the CIF etc after doing some cleansing. I have done this once before successfully but that was long back and it was again you who gave me the pointer.

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath,

Seems like you have a need to delete Master data quite often.

Deleting anything with MASSD is always risky, since SAP does not check for all possible dependencies that could be possibly be relevant in this program. I never delete anything using this program unless it has first been vetted as 'OK by WUF.

If you have inconsistent tables within APO, it can be the devil to resolve these sometimes. I will admit that I have had to resort to SE16 in debug mode in the past (although I am not proud of the fact).

Generally, if I perform a WUF, and I get no hits, and I cannot display the location in any online transaction, and the transactions are working, then I figure it is 'good enough'. In business, the standard is never 'perfection', it is always 'meet the requirements'.

If this is unsatisfactory for you, you can try to chase down the individual table entries and delete them manually. Ugh. If there are too many, or they are too obscure to locate, you can consider to export all config and development, install a fresh clean client, and then re-import all config/development. If the bulk of your master data is 'CIF' type data, it is pretty trivial to reload anew from R/3. If you are backed into a corner with an un-usable system, discuss this option with your Basis team.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check that oss note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/571031