cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy question

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys,

I am trying to do a system copy/refresh from my hp-unix with oracle system to a suse linux with oracle system. This suse linux system was created a few months ago by doing a heterogenous copy from the hp-unix production box. Now, i just to refresh the suse linux box wijth the updated data from the production box. I do not want to do a client copy because there were also some other changes to production like support packs that i want to copy over. so for the same, I have created an export dump from my production box using db independent method. Now, I am not sure about the fastest and best way to import the data in suse linux....should i first delete the system on suse linux and then reinstall and do an import or can i simply import the new export dump into existing database ? please provide some inputs.

is there a way to keep the system installed and just refresh the database ?

Edited by: rajivshekhar on Feb 17, 2010 9:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>is there a way to keep the system installed and just refresh the database ?

Gofor the Database restore. this is the only way otherwise first make your system in Sync then you can perform client copy/ client export/import.

Regards,

Subhash

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now, i just to refresh the suse linux box wijth the updated data from the production box. I do not want to do a client copy because there were also some other changes to production like support packs that i want to copy over

Source and Target Systems have to be the same SP/Stack level, a remote CC or a client import could bring entries that does not exist in your target system causing it to fail.

Regards

Juan