cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User group under "end user personalization" overriding User default mapping

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

We have SP10 on our dev system and I am testing. It seems that the value in"User Group" field that is under "End user personalization" is overriding our user defaults. Here is what is happening.

I create a "delete" user request for user "Peggy". My "User Group" value of "end-user" automatically gets populated in the User group field since that is what is in my current SAPHR record. I have the request type of "delete" set up to use user defaults. My user defaults say that if the request type = delete, change the default of "User Group" to = "Separated".

However, it seems that since the request now has "user group" as part of the end user personalization, it is using that value instead of my user defaults. This means that whoever creates the request in the beginning must change the value on the request before submitting it. This is not good since it itsn't even a drop down box....it's free text.

Is there anyway I can disable the user group field under end user personalization? I have tried making it not mandatory, editable, not editable, visable, not visable.....nothing works. It still gets populated with what is in the SAPHR record. I need it changed on all TERMINATIONS but I don't want the user who is making the request to have to do this. I want to use my user default mappings to take care of this.

Thanks,

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

I just wanted to let you know that you don't need to have SAPHR installed to have this not work.

If you have "User Data Source" set to multiple datasource and ANY SAP system is in the mix, the user group will be automatically picked up from the SAP SU01 record of the person you are trying to Delete and user defaults will not be used. At least that is what seems to be happening.

SAP now has this in R&D so either they were able to recreate it themselves or they see it as a problem.

Thanks,

Peggy

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. I have opened a message.

Peggy

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

I just tried this and all it did was prove my point. Here is what I did.

1. Changed all values to NO for User Group under End User Personalization

2. Changed the backend system user groups for user KIR2004 as follows:

System: COR (ECC 6.0) - User group = SUPER

System: WBS (BI 7.0) - User group = DEVELOPER

System: WRS (SRM 5.0) - User group = FIREFIGHTER

3. Processed a "DELETE USER" from CUP (configured to use USER DEFAULTS with a user group of SEPARATED).

4. Expected output: User group = SEPARATED in all three systems; User locked in all three systems

5. Real output: User group = SUPER in all three systems; User locked in all three systems.

The User Group of SUPER is from our SAPHR (ECC 6.0) system.

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

This seems to be a bug and I am sorry but I can not test this as we don't have HR at my current client. As per SAP guidelines, the field will not provision if it is set as invisible in end user personlization. You will have to open CSS message with SAP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

Go to User Group field in End user personalizaiton and change everything to 'No'. Once the field is not visible in the screen, CUP will not provision it to SAP system. To test this change the user group in user master recorde to something different than HR and then create the request in CUP. Check if the user group is overridden by the one existing in HR or the one existing in user defaults.

Regards,

Alpesh