cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone has an experience of implementing BW system on i5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our customer has 2 SAP systems on different i5-570 systems. One is R3 system and the other is BW one.

In the meantime, BW system has physical files which have

"/ character ahead of the file name like "/BI03545" and since operating system cannot handle with the attribute

of the file that has a name start with the character '"/' correctly.

The reason why I asked this is because the fact of the above causes the synchronization error by software mirroring tool like MIMIX.

Although that seems to the limitation of the operating system so far, is there anyone who has the information regarding the tips or technique to improve the situation about this issue?

Anyone has ever supported

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of problems do you have with these names ? They differ from DEV to PRD, but within the HA-Copy they are the same and other customers are working with that as well.

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor and Volker,

Thank you so much for your prompt and useful reply as always!

The issue that we're experiencing at this moment is that MIMIX is not able to handle with files which have a name start with "/ and a message CPFA0A9:objects are not found issued and objects are not being synchronized to the stand-by system in the end.

IF there is some operation results in Europe area, then I'm afraid that it might happen due to CCSID or DBCS problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuhko,

Which Mimix command did you issue? And how was it called?

I used ADDDGFE and SYNCDGFE with FILE1(R3PRDDATA/"/BDL0001") before, and Mimix took it. As I remember, if I gave only /BLD0001, Mimix complained that objects are not found.

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

yes, Mimx has to complain with the name /BIC0001, because this just doesn't exist. The table is "really called" as follows:

"/BIC0001" ...

good luck,

volker gueldenpfennig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

again, thank you very much for useful information.

Basically, we experience this issue when the logical file is replicated to the stand-by system.

For example, when we try to synchronize logical file called "/BIC0092" using SYNCOBJ command with SYNCAUT(*YES) parameter, we receive an error message CPFA0A9:object not found. Instead, a synchronization complete succesfully when we perform SYNCOBJ command without SYNCAUT parameter.

Also the same issue CPFA0A9 occurs when we perform

SYNCDGFE command for a physical file called "/BIC0091".

Looks like MIMIX cannot retrieve a information regarding object attribute before sending objects to stand-by system.

Do you have any information about this?

I very much appreciate for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuhko,

Not sure of BW, but for SAP ECC 5.0, there are many /xxx objects in the R3<SID>DATA library, and they could be Mimixed without issues.

You may have contacted Lakeview support... Mr. Bill Wilson (WilsonB@lakeviewtech.com) has helped us a few problems not solved by the support person.

Good luck,

Victor Lin