cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method of Requesting\Approving Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for my simple (non-techinal) question. I was wondering what other companies are using for Change Requests for SAP Transports and what they are happy with. What software they are using for the Request and Approval process of SAP transports? We have used many diffferent types of help desk software which we have never been thrilled with. We do use Solution Manager but not for Transport Requesting/Approvals. Do many of you use Solution Manager or CRM for requesting transports changes or do most use other Help Desk software outside of SAP? What are advantages of using Solution Manager which I imagine there are many.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen many companies using Revtrac. It's a really nice and mature tool. SAP is pushing for Solution manager but I haven't seen it too much yet.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really depends very much on how you are set up.

For small systems an Access MDB works well combined with organizational procedures. This is for dummies...

In HR, Treasury and other types of systems, transport management is almost daily in the team and you can easily add an ABAP workflow to it as well.

For complex SLD landscapes, components and business function management, going for a SolMan is probably the best bet IMO.

Cheers,

Julius