Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Name and Password for JCO RFC call to BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What I think I know:

--We do NOT have Single Sign On configured so don't tell me to use SSO please - I agree, but...

--We have a requirement to do a goods receipt which prints labels for the handling units

.....The printer to which the labels are directed depends on the user who is running the transaction

What I think this means

--We will need to specify a user name and password in the RFC call so the label will go to the correct printer

--I cannot use the IllumnLoginPassword (or whatever its name is) for the password

--I need to prompt the user for their password a second time after they login to our MII app

The problem

--I will need to store the password somewhere for the duration of the session

......In session variable that has been encryted

.............I didn't see an encryption action block so I could create my own

......In the database using database column encryption

.............A little bit of a pain, but not too bad

Any corrections, alternatives, ideas .... ???

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe a bit too simple, but the applets and BLS have base64 encoding / decoding methods (at least it's not clear text).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Amy,

Is there a reason why you can't use the AutoBind feature on the Xacute Connector? You could even re-prompt the user using the iCommand Display template to capture a different user name & password then the one they are logged in as, part of the 21-CFR Part 11 capabilities of MII.

Sam

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Last time I tested this the IllumLoginPassword doesn't actually make it through the AutoBinding into the TRX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the attention guys. A little clarification.

1. I have been assuming that I cannot use the IllumnLoginPassword for the JCO SAP password in the action block. If this is NOT true, then it solves my whole problem.

2. It would not work to prompt a shop floor person for their password every time they do an operation completion. Well, at least

if I don't want to not get lynched!

3. I am planning on prompting people every time they log on for their ECC password and retaining it somewhere secure while they are logged on (and longer if they skip the logoff step.)

4. I have been focusing on how/where to retain the password, but also need a way to encrypt it during transmission. Jeremy said the applet/BLS would at least encode it for me. That is good.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Edited by: Amy Smith on Feb 18, 2010 1:30 PM

0 Kudos

Jeremy,

You're right the IllumLoginPassword and XacuteLoginPassword both do not bind anymore but I guess for good reason since you can easily capture a person's password and bypass security....makes sense.

From a work around standpoint there aren't very many other options than what was already proposed. You can always write a custom action to integrate into the NW UME engine but architecture security guys tend to freak out about that kind of stuff.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the SAP side the good reciept BAPI has a parameter for user id. You could send just the user id as a parameter. You would still need a generic service user on the SAP side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michelle,

Thanks, we have been wondering what that user id was for. So what I learned from your post is that the printer will be derived from the user id in the BAPI call. I am going to give that a try.

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth