cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDS 4.0 and Windows Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone try to get this working? Running into all sorts of funky errors when creating a server.

See this image: [UDS Error|http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8486/udserror.jpg]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Alin,

How's it going out west?

Anyway, try using PCo v2.1 you may have better luck with it.

Sam

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alin,

I cleaned up the multiples but deleted your response to Sam's 20 responses.

Try it again,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying PCo....installed fine.

However having an error come up: "The dependency service or group failed to start"

Any thoughts?

I have the Source system defined...the connection to the Destination MII system tested our successfully, but when i start the Agent i get the above error.

Where are the logs on this puppy?

Also any way to import Aliases from the previous UDS 4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed PCo on OPC server?

I don't remember seeing any logs anywhere except for agent instances.

You can go to 'Run -> dcomcnfg' to check the event viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's on the OPC server...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you review your DCOM settings. Take a gander at the PCo security guide, not sure what version you are on -

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/instguides

SAP Business Suite Applications -> Manufacturing -> MII -> Plant Connectivity -> Security Guide

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alin,

If you are using Pco 2.1 to replace UDS 4.0 you just need to create the appropriate OPC Source agent(s), and an Agent Instance for each. A notification is only required if you indend to send one or more of the subscription items to a transaction.

For each Agent Instance, Add the subscription items as needed and configure the Communication tabs for MII to provide separate ports for each Agent Instance, and Tag Query tab as required.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alin:

The agent is installed as a Windows service, so I believe the error you are seeing is due to a service dependancy failing to start.

The typical issue occures with the Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service. Check to see that it is set to either manual start or automatic start. By default, Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service is disabled, so you do need to chage it as part of the installation process.

You can check service dependancies using Microsoft's Service console, or through PCo's Management Console. In the Management Console, select the agent you wish to check and then on the Host tab, select Change Service Dependancies. This will open a dialog box which will allow you to view current settings and change them as desired. The default dependancies are Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service, and Event Log. It is highly recommended that you don't remove the default dependancies, but you can add additional ones as needed.

Regards

Chris Carney

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Thanks for the help! That fixed it.

The Net.TCP service was disabled for some reason.

Thanks again!

Answers (0)