cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iGrid automatic column resizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with iGrids. I want to have fixed column sizes, so I filled in the width for the columns in the Layout Configuration tab of the display template and I disabled the "Auto resize columns" checkbox. When I load this iGrid as an applet in my web page, indeed the column sizes are fixed according to the width parameters. But in my web script I also use a refresh button to update the iGrid with new data. The problem is that when I refresh, the column sizes are automatically resized to another width. Can someone help me how to solve this problem, cause it's really anoying for an end user to make the colums larger again each time they refresh the page.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a not very nice solution would be to read out the colum width before refresh and setting them again afterwards (if possible from JS).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Display Template Generel Tab , do you have unchecked Allow Column Resize check box.

In your JS you can also use below code:

document.GRIDAPP.getGridObject().setAllowColumnResize(false);
document.GRIDAPP.updateGrid(true);

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx, I will first try with SP4 and if that doens't work I'll use JavaScripting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scheers,

What version of MII are you using? Also, do you use iGrid.refresh() or iGrid.updateGrid(true)? Do they have the same result in your situation?

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

I use MII version 12.1.3.

For the update I use iGrid.updateGrid(true), but I have tested iGrid.refresh() as well. In both scenario's the columns automatically adapt when updating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at some of the tickets for grid resizing, it seems that it was fixed in 12.1 SP4. You may want to download the latest, which is patch 6 for SP4 available on Service Marketplace.

Kevin