cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a BADI required to map UNSPSC to product categories?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to map UNSPSC to a product category for punchout catalogs, do we have to use a BADI? Or, can you use the standard configuration under: SPRO > Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Master Data > Content Management > .... to do this without a BADI?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the standard configuration to do it, you don't have to use a BADI but the Standard mapping process is little time consuming

BR

Padhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did set this up, but it does not seem to be working. I mapped a supplier provided category into the SRM product category. When I go to SLG1, I see a message as follows:

"External product category 44121902 contains errors or does not exist."

I do however have 44121902 created under the config option "Define Assignment for Imported Schema" and then I mapped into an SRM product category within the "Define Mapping/Filter Rules for Schemas"

Do you have the steps required to complete the configuration. I think I have it set up correctly, but must not because it is not working for me.

A general question... when I punchout, how does it know which Schema to use? Does it pick up this up be reading the Business Partner in the schema set up and then go back to the Catalog web service to match up the partner ids? What if I want to use the same schema across many partners.... how does SRM know which schema to use for a given punchout site?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

was your issue resloved if so please share with the community

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up using the BADI.