cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email after generating Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is very specific , I am using PI 7.0 and the scenario is outbound proxy to file.

I am required to generate some files from the incoming XML structure and place them on a destination folder.

But it is also required that there must be an email sent to a set of id's as soon as the files are created , I have three questions :

a) What is the mechanism by which SAP XI can get an acknowledgement back from the folder after the file creation to send an email ?? Is it possible to receive an acknowldgement in this scenario and send email via mail adapter

b) Should SAP XI send an acknowledgement back to SAP after generating files or after the File receiver Adapter bean is excuted for SAP to send the email ?

c) Do i have to use BPM essentialy for this ? and if yes .. can you please forward some links specific to this scenario , i have never done BPM

thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>a) What is the mechanism by which SAP XI can get an acknowledgement back from the folder after the file creation to send an email ?? Is it possible to receive an acknowldgement in this scenario and send email via mail adapter

Use BPM. For the send step request Transport acknowledgement.

Catch this acknowledgement and accordingly throw alert, which will send the email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Thanks for your reply

I request you to please help me with some links on BPM as you said send step and requesting acknowledgement , since I am new to BPM ,,,

how difficult is that , to accomplish ?

Is there a blog or an article which displays a step by step for this or something similar to this ?

it will be really helpful

thanks

Dev

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this should help u : [XI: Playing with the file adapter's acknowledgments|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3875] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Answers (0)