cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous System Copy : setup of target SAP system from scratch ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello World,

I need to do a Heterogeneous System Copy from Oracle / Windows SAP system to SqlServer / Windows configuration.

I read lots of notes and guides.

I understand the SAPInst used during system copy procedure installs the SAP system on target system with the System Copy export from source.

The question is : is there an interest to setup a fresh SAP system from scratch on the target system previously to the import of the system copy export from the source system ? Is the procedure quicker if you have already setup a system ? What do you specifically need to do before importing the system copy if the target system already exists ?

Many thanks, Olivier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need to do a Heterogeneous System Copy from Oracle / Windows SAP system to SqlServer / Windows configuration.

> I read lots of notes and guides.

> I understand the SAPInst used during system copy procedure installs the SAP system on target system with the System Copy export from source.

Yes.

Basically you'll install the new system using the export of the source system so do not install anything before on the target system.

Please note one thing:

A heterogeneous migration requires a certified consultant on-site, otherwise you'll loose SAP support during the migration and for the target system (http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration --> FAQ). You also need to have access to the migration key generation application in the service marketplace to generate a key for your combination (source os/db --> target os/db).

Markus