cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

Is it possible to have field value starting from some number and then incrementing it as the record gets added to it.

I know it is possible with Number range property for Remote System present in MDM Console, but with this the number is generated after the record is syndicated and is not visible in MDM, but the requirement is like business should be able to see the data in MDM.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Kaur Chadha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To acheive your requirement

"Is it possible to have field value starting from some number and then incrementing it as the record gets added to it."

you can use auto ID field of MDM. in case, you want to start field value with some number, then you can create an assignment by adding some value + Auto ID field value. this will solve your requirement.

Please revert if you have any query.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Can you elaborate a bit more.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Kaur Chadha

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant to say, you can create one field of type "Auto ID" in the main table. So, now as soon you create a new record this field will hold incremental value.

To start field value from some range for example 2000001,you can create one more field in the main table. Now use assignment to populate this field. In assignment you can write expression like 200000 + AUTO ID.

In this way this new field will be incremented as soon as you create a new record.

You can also use calculated field in place of assignment by writing formula 200000 +Auto ID

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiv,

It solved my problem

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Answers (0)