Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal Separator in ADOBE form.

SagarSontakke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have developed adobe interactive form using WDABAP. Its online form. This form is being used in countries like US and Europe.

I have currency field on my form. My requirement is based on user default setting in R/3, currency field in adobe form should look like.

e.g Say amount is 1001. then US user should able to see 1,001.000 and if user is from europe then it should display 1.001,000 on adobe form.

I have tried default locale/ viewvers system locale option but it always display 1,001.000

Pls help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

SVS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SagarSontakke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello otto/Chris,

Problem is solved. I have used default locale. Whenver user lauch WDABAP application using europian languse. system shows the currecy amount in proper format.

Regards,

sagar

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@SVS

Great to hear! Just be aware of the othe thing to account for that I talked about. If you are absolutely sure it isn't an issue then you will be ok.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had the same issue on a recent project. In fact, not only will you encounter problems/issues/opportunities with displaying the "decimal" separator using the correct character but you will also face issues depending on the currency unit used (some have more than 2 decimal places). We developed a generic service to handle all of it and simply pass it to the form to be displayed as is....no trickery on the form at all.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don´t know the right/ proper solution for this, but I can you tell what I would do.

I would create a subform like VIEW_EUROPE and use the field with for example German settings.

i would create a second one VIEW_US, use the settings for US.

And based on some condition I would hide or make visible one of the subforms. And this definitely works.

Regards, Otto

p.s.: maybe there is a way how to change locale through scripting but I am too lazy to read the manuals

pp.ss.: when had issues with fields patterms I found LCD help itself very useful, did you try?