cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created reservations when activity is in CRTD status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using assembly processing to create project from quotation. Once the project is saved, reservations are created for non stock materials (Item cat N). The status on the network and activity is CRTD. I have checked the value for field 'Res/Purc.Cre' for the material and IMG settings for the network is 2. I can see the reservations for that material against the network in MD04.

I have deleted the material from the activity and re added the same manually. when I checked for reservations, I could not find any against that network in MD04.

Can any one tell me why the reservations are created when project is created automatically

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, Please understand that Reservations are always created wheneve you assign components to network activity even in CRTD status i.e., irrespective of your value in 'Res/Purc.req'. The value which you maintain in 'Res/Purc.req' tells system when to activate the reservation not when to create the reservation. For example, if your 'Res/Pur.req' has value 2 i.e., From release, the reservations will be created in CRTD status, and it will be activated in REL status i.e., will be relevant for further planning like MRP run only on release of activity.

In your case even the reservations are created in CRTD status, you wont see the reservation in MD04. Please check in MD04 for the new project(for which the requirement class config are changed as per the note mentioned by Kabir), you wont find the reservations.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

excellent answer Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

Thank you so much for your detail explanation.

I could still see the reservations in MD04 though I have changed the requirement class config as per the note.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, I tested it that day and It works for me, I didnt see reservation in MD04...May be try creating new project and then check.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxminarasimha,

Please refer Note: 53494.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kabir,

Thank you very much for your help

I went through the note. This note suggested to put either '1' or '2' for " NO MRP" field. Does it effect any planning from PS?

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxminarasimha,

As per the note, in Case #2 - A material participates in inventory management, is planned and to be maintained in the sales and distribution document as well as for example in a network or production order. When processing the assembly with network, the requirement is to be released on time from a network and not from the sales and distribution document.

So that means it should not affect the planning in PS. And for that we need to do a config for requirement class as mentioned in Note.

I would suggest you replicate the scenario in your Sandbox / DEV server and test the same.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

I have replicated the scenario in our Sandbox. As suggested in note, I have changed the config settings in the requirement class. 'Requirements--> No MRP --> 1

But still the reservations are generated for the non stock materials in CRTD status. I have created new material without MRP view and added to the project but the reservation is created for this material too. Is this a standard behavior or am I missing some thing

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

How you are deriving requitment classs, Request you to refer to Section, Project System>Material>Control of Sales-Order-Related Production . I just wanted to make sure that as the cahgnes suggest by note is being done in correct requirement class.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I have referred the same path for the requirement class

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshminarasimha,

I hope you are using the same requirement class in assembly processing for which you did the config.

Did you try by creating for a new project or added the material to the existing project?

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

I am using the same requirement class which is being used in assembly processing. I have tried on new project.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha