Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM20 - No audit files found on server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have enabled the audit parameters (and restarted) but are unable to view the audit log in sm20. When attempting to list the files in SM20, we receive the message: "No audit files found on server". I can see the files on the operating system though.

Our paramaters are:

DIR_AUDIT : K:\usr\sap\DN1\DVEBMGS00\log

FN_AUDIT : ++++++++.AUD

rsau/enable : 1

rsau/max_diskspace/per_day : 650M

rsau/max_diskspace/per_file : 200M

Parameter rsau/local/file has not been set, as according to note 539404, this parameter is no longer needed as of 4.6.

Release ERP 6 EHP4

Any ideas?

Regards,

CJ

3 REPLIES 3

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CJ

Have you checked that theese parameters infact is activated on your system ? Don't check this in RZ10, try using TU02 instead and then search for the parameters.

(And by-the-way sure that in infact have activated the profile and the relevant filters in SM19 )

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Hi Morten,

The parameters are active in TU02. And yes, I have activated the profile and filters (.AUD files are written to the OS).

Looking at note 441639, I think I might need to use parameter rsau/local/file.

Regards,

CJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in SM21 whether there are any errors or messages at all about the activation. There should be.

Did you change the number of slots (filters) after you had activated the loggin and set them? This change will toast your already defined filters in the (default) 2 slots.

For a test purpose, just activate a dynamic filter (for this the audit log does not need to be active) and see whether that writes a log and can be read from SM20N?

Also please post the exact values you have entered in the rsau/ params. The documentation talks about "MB" but "KB" is meant (in the values).

> rsau/max_diskspace/per_file : 200M

I don't thing you need this one (anymore) and it might be interfering with the config. Hence no log. Try delete it and test again (why did you set it?)

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 17, 2010 6:17 PM