Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Tables reference querry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a respositry having two main tables. My question is:

If a repository has 2 main tables, with the 2nd being referred to by the 1st with a u201CLookup Mainu201D, if data changes in the 2nd main table, does that flag the record(s) in the 1st main table as having been u201Cchangedu201D?

So u2026if a syndication was set up off of the 1st main table, will a record from there get syndicated automatically (if the import server and port has been configured to import on any change in the record) if the Lookup Main reference changed?

Regards,

Indraveer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

Any more infromation on this will be helpful.

Indraveer, could you figure out any other way?

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Any changes in Lookup table will not trigger syndication in Main table since the main table only refers to the lookup table via a pointer. A record is syndicated if this pointer is changed , in case of Main table looking into Look-up table, pointer is not changed, only the record in lookup table is changed (pointer of the lookup table is changed ofcourse, so it will trigger syndication of lookup table).

So in your case, the answer would be No.

Alternative approach would be to use Java API for this, you can read the event of lookup table syndication and trigger main table record for it.

We had a similar requirement and had to follow this path.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraveer

I think the answer is NO. The field being looked up is treated as another lookup field.

Imagine MDM 5.5 where say we have a lookup table for Country and if one of the country entries in the Lookup table changes i will not record a chnage in the main table as the linkage has not chnaged in he main table but he lookup table entry itself has changed.

hope this clarifies.

Regards

Ravi