cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter - No error, but not generating any message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a file to RFC scenario. The sender file adapter is using content conversion to read a comma delimited file. The file is being picked up and archived correctly, and the adapter monitor does not show any errors. However, the process disappears at this point. I don't see any messages in SXMB_MONI, and there is no sign that the process is reaching the RFC adapter. Has anyone ever had this happen before?

I have four line types for Buildings, Additions, Floors, and Rooms.

I list all four in the recordset structure, and I identify a key for each with the keyFieldValue parameter. I list a fieldSeparator of ',' and an endSeparator of 'nl' for each row. And i have a list of the fieldnames in the fieldnames parameter.

The only thing i'm not sure about is the keyFieldinStructure parameter. I have specified ignore there, because I don't want that field in my XML. Do I still need that field in my sender datatype, even if I'm ignoring it, or can I leave it out?

Thanks for any help. Please don't just list blogs unless they have something you think is helpful with my specific problem. I have already read all of the blogs that deal generally with the sender file adapter and file content conversion, and I need more specific help at this point.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you see anything in the messagemonitoring for adapters?

http://hostname:portnumber/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

or adapter monitoring:

http://server:port/mdt/amtServlet

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing showing up in message monitoring at all.

In adapter monitoring all I am seeing is a processed successfully message for the file, no errors, no details.

I also feel that the problem is in the content conversion, but at this point I'm not sure WHAT I'm checking for. As far as I understand how this is supposed to work, it looks correct to me. And I'm not sure how to debug it since I'm not getting any error messages.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>There is nothing showing up in message monitoring at all.</i>

Did you check message monitoring for the Adapter Engine? Because you need to Select adapter engine from the List box.. to get into that..

Did you check all the fields given in content conversion and Data Type are matching. Also activate Sender Agreement once again. and test it

BTW, if you want to determine, where exactly the error is , you just process the xml file, instead of CSV file and then check are you getting any messages in SXMB_MONI or not..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is definately nothing showing up in message monitoring. I've checked on every page in at least 3 different message monitors.

All the fields in content conversion do match all the fields in the data type, except that my content conversion has the "key" field, and my data type does not.

I built an XML file and ran it through the configuration test, and it works, so I'm fairly sure the problem is in my file adapter.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check spellings,Upper case/lower case, field names in the content conversion -

Also if you want to findout the error, you can do the content coversion for each record and test it.. i.e one record per file each time..

ALso if you give your structure here , we may help you..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made one error before, it IS showing up in the Recovered Adapter Audit Log (it took that log about 10 minutes to open that particular tab so I didn't notice them there).

Here is what it says there:

2006-06-12 11:22:59 Success Channel CC_S_File_FIPM_Buildings: Entire file content converted to XML format 
2006-06-12 11:22:59 Warning Channel CC_S_File_FIPM_Buildings: Empty document found. Proceed without sending message 
2006-06-12 11:22:59 Success File "/interfaces/one line building.txt" archived after processing

Here are my parameters in the file content conversion:

Buildings.fieldNames	RecordType,PLTXT,STORT,STREET,POST_CODE1,CITY1,REGION,PARNR,X_COORD,Y_COORD,ASSIGN_SQ_FT,BLDG_NUM,CAMPUS,GR_SQ_FT,NET_SQ_FT
Buildings.keyFieldValue	'B'
Buildings.fieldSeparator	','
Buildings.endSeparator	'nl'
Buildings.keyFieldInStructure	ignore
Additions.fieldNames	RecordType,ASSIGN_SQ_FT,BLDG_ABBR,CAMPUS,ADDITION,BLDG_USE,BLDG__NUMBER
Additions.keyFieldValue	'A'
Additions.fieldSeparator	','
Additions.endSeparator	'nl'
Additions.keyFieldInStructure	ignore
Floors.fieldNames	RecordType,BLDG_ABBR,CAMPUS,ADDITION,FLOOR,ASSIGNABLE_SQUARE_FOOT,BLDG_NUMBER
Floors.keyFieldValue	'F'
Floors.fieldSeparator	','
Floors.endSeparator	'nl'
Floors.keyFieldInStrucutre	ignore
Rooms.fieldNames	RecordType,SHTXT,MSGRP,ADDITION,ASSIGNED_DEPT,BLDG_ABBV,FLOOR_CAMPUS,AREA,RCD_CODE,DEPT_CODE,BUILDING_NUMBER,ROOM_COMMON_KEY
Rooms.keyFieldValue	'R'
Rooms.fieldSeparator	','
Rooms.endSeparator	'nl'
Rooms.keyFieldInStructure	ignore

And here is my data type:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_FIPM_BuildingUpdate xmlns:ns0="urn:XXXXXX:FIPM:Buildings:SYS">
   <Buildings>
      <PLTXT/>
      <STORT/>
      <STREET/>
      <POST_CODE1/>
      <CITY1/>
      <REGION/>
      <PARNR/>
      <X_COORD/>
      <Y_COORD/>
      <ASSIGN_SQ_FT/>
      <BLDG_NUM/>
      <CAMPUS/>
      <GR_SQ_FT/>
      <NET_SQ_FT/>
   </Buildings>
   <Additions>
      <ASSIGN_SQ_FT/>
      <BLDG_ABBR/>
      <CAMPUS/>
      <ADDITION/>
      <BLDG_USE/>
      <BLDG_NUMBER/>
   </Additions>
   <Floors>
      <BLDG_ABBR/>
      <CAMPUS/>
      <ADDITION/>
      <FLOOR/>
      <ASSIGNABLE_SQUARE_FOOT/>
      <BLDG_NUMBER/>
   </Floors>
   <Rooms>
      <SHTXT/>
      <MSGRP/>
      <ADDITION/>
      <ASSIGNED_DEPT/>
      <BLDG_ABBV/>
      <FLOOR/>
      <CAMPUS/>
      <AREA/>
      <RCD_CODE/>
      <DEPT_CODE/>
      <BUILDING_NUMBER/>
      <ROOM_COMMON_KEY/>
   </Rooms>
</ns0:MT_FIPM_BuildingUpdate>

I'm going to recheck everything again, but maybe you guys will see something? I don't.

Vanda

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is RecordType in the content conversion? It is not there in the data sturcture.

<i>Buildings.fieldNames RecordType,PLTXT,STORT,STREET</i>

Check it without this...

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the record key for the type of record.

Like I said in my original post:

<i>The only thing i'm not sure about is the keyFieldinStructure parameter. I have specified ignore there, because I don't want that field in my XML. Do I still need that field in my sender datatype, even if I'm ignoring it, or can I leave it out?</i>

I definately can't leave it out of the file content conversion or it won't be able to tell the record types apart. Do I need to add it to my data type, even though I'm telling the file adapter to ignore it when creating the XML?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Buildings.fieldNames RecordType,PLTXT,STORT,STREET,POST_CODE1,CITY1,REGION,PARNR,X_COORD,Y_COORD,ASSIGN_SQ_FT,BLDG_NUM,CAMPUS,GR_SQ_FT,NET_SQ_FT

Buildings.keyFieldValue 'B'</i>

If your content conversion is like this, your data structure should be also like this.

In this case, it will look for RecordType value as B..

But it should be PLTXT value as a B right?..

You just go thru this blog-Carefully go thru this..compare with your structure..

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, RecordType is B.

This is the part I am confused about. In that blog they say the keyfield is KF, but I don't see KF anywhere in the list of field names? How do they know where the KF field is? Does it automatically assume that it is the first field? I thought you had to specify a real field name?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>In that blog they say the keyfield is KF, but I don't see KF anywhere in the list of field names?</i>

>>Right. It should be like this. This KF, is any arbitrary name.

<i>I thought you had to specify a real field name?</i>

>>> No, just follow the blog.. And in your case, remove the RecordType and try it...

hope it helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed RecordType, but I still have the same error. Here are my current parameters:

Buildings.fieldNames	PLTXT,STORT,STREET,POST_CODE1,CITY1,REGION,PARNR,X_COORD,Y_COORD,ASSIGN_SQ_FT,BLDG_NUM,CAMPUS,GR_SQ_FT,NET_SQ_FT
Buildings.keyFieldValue	'B'
Buildings.fieldSeparator	','
Buildings.endSeparator	'nl'
Buildings.keyFieldInStructure	ignore
Additions.fieldNames	ASSIGN_SQ_FT,BLDG_ABBR,CAMPUS,ADDITION,BLDG_USE,BLDG__NUMBER
Additions.keyFieldValue	'A'
Additions.fieldSeparator	','
Additions.endSeparator	'nl'
Additions.keyFieldInStructure	ignore
Floors.fieldNames	BLDG_ABBR,CAMPUS,ADDITION,FLOOR,ASSIGNABLE_SQUARE_FOOT,BLDG_NUMBER
Floors.keyFieldValue	'F'
Floors.fieldSeparator	','
Floors.endSeparator	'nl'
Floors.keyFieldInStrucutre	ignore
Rooms.fieldNames	SHTXT,MSGRP,ADDITION,ASSIGNED_DEPT,BLDG_ABBV,FLOOR_CAMPUS,AREA,RCD_CODE,DEPT_CODE,BUILDING_NUMBER,ROOM_COMMON_KEY
Rooms.keyFieldValue	'R'
Rooms.fieldSeparator	','
Rooms.endSeparator	'nl'
Rooms.keyFieldInStructure	ignore

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove this and try-

Buildings.keyFieldInStructure ignore

Then if any error is there,post the error. Also make sure that all content conversion given is correct(Spelling/Spaces/Cases/Field Names etc)

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try this, but there is one thing I think you aren't understanding. My example is not exactly like that blog in one major area.

My first field, my key field, is not real data that I want to pass forward. It's JUST a record type identifier.

Here is an example of a row from my data source:

R,HALLWAY + STAIRS,B099,0,"",114,B,City,82,020,"",1113114,23

The R is the record type, the Hallway + Stairs is the SHTXT, the 0 is the MSGRP, etc.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>

R,HALLWAY + STAIRS,B099,0,"",114,B,City,82,020,"",1113114,23</i>

>>>In this what is the Key identifier, which will identify this record....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanda,

You have given Rooms.fieldName as:

SHTXT,MSGRP,ADDITION,ASSIGNED_DEPT,BLDG_ABBV,FLOOR_CAMPUS,AREA,RCD_CODE,DEPT_CODE,BUILDING_NUMBER,ROOM_COMMON_KEY

Here you have given wrong vanda. You have given one field as <b>"FLOOR_CAMPUS"</b> instead this are two fields which should be <b>FLOOR,CAMPUS</b>

So change this and try out once again.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The very first field, the R, identifies that this is a "room" record, as opposed to one of the other types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's what I've tried:

I took the RecordType out of the parameters, same error.

I took the ignore paramater out, same error.

Added the RecordType parameter back in, and added it to the data type, same error.

The only thing that DOES work, is if I manually generate an XML file and send it through a plain file adapter.

So, obviously the problem is in my file content conversion, but I just can't find it. Any more help would be appreciated.

Here are my current parameters in the channel:

Buildings.fieldNames RecordType,PLTXT,STORT,STREET,POST_CODE1,CITY1,REGION,PARNR,X_COORD,Y_COORD,ASSIGN_SQ_FT,BLDG_NUM,CAMPUS,GR_SQ_FT,NET_SQ_FT

Buildings.keyFieldValue 'B'

Buildings.fieldSeparator ','

Buildings.endSeparator 'nl'

Additions.fieldNames RecordType,ASSIGN_SQ_FT,BLDG_ABBR,CAMPUS,ADDITION,BLDG_USE,BLDG__NUMBER

Additions.keyFieldValue 'A'

Additions.fieldSeparator ','

Additions.endSeparator 'nl'

Floors.fieldNames RecordType,BLDG_ABBR,CAMPUS,ADDITION,FLOOR,ASSIGNABLE_SQUARE_FOOT,BLDG_NUMBER

Floors.keyFieldValue 'F'

Floors.fieldSeparator ','

Floors.endSeparator 'nl'

Rooms.fieldNames RecordType,SHTXT,MSGRP,ADDITION,ASSIGNED_DEPT,BLDG_ABBV,FLOOR,CAMPUS,AREA,RCD_CODE,DEPT_CODE,BUILDING_NUMBER,ROOM_COMMON_KEY

Rooms.keyFieldValue 'R'

Rooms.fieldSeparator ','

Rooms.endSeparator 'nl'

And here is my current data type in xml format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_FIPM_BuildingUpdate xmlns:ns0="urn:XXXXXX:FIPM:Buildings:SSS">

<Buildings>

<RecordType/>

<PLTXT/>

<STORT/>

<STREET/>

<POST_CODE1/>

<CITY1/>

<REGION/>

<PARNR/>

<X_COORD/>

<Y_COORD/>

<ASSIGN_SQ_FT/>

<BLDG_NUM/>

<CAMPUS/>

<GR_SQ_FT/>

<NET_SQ_FT/>

</Buildings>

<Additions>

<RecordType/>

<ASSIGN_SQ_FT/>

<BLDG_ABBR/>

<CAMPUS/>

<ADDITION/>

<BLDG_USE/>

<BLDG_NUMBER/>

</Additions>

<Floors>

<RecordType/>

<BLDG_ABBR/>

<CAMPUS/>

<ADDITION/>

<FLOOR/>

<ASSIGNABLE_SQUARE_FOOT/>

<BLDG_NUMBER/>

</Floors>

<Rooms>

<RecordType/>

<SHTXT/>

<MSGRP/>

<ADDITION/>

<ASSIGNED_DEPT/>

<BLDG_ABBV/>

<FLOOR/>

<CAMPUS/>

<AREA/>

<RCD_CODE/>

<DEPT_CODE/>

<BUILDING_NUMBER/>

<ROOM_COMMON_KEY/>

</Rooms>

</ns0:MT_FIPM_BuildingUpdate>

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your file contains something like this ?

B,value1,value2....

A,value1,value2...

F,value1,value2...

R,value1,value2...

What is your Record Structure ?like this ?

Buildings,,Additions,,Floors,,Rooms, (anyway occurence is based on your data type occurence) Assuming you have correct document namespace etc

If so, and if you are getting error,then there is a problem with some typo errors etc.

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanda

Also since your xml file is working then it will be a problem with content conversion. Can you please recheck whether you have any space(by mistake) in the end of any row in the content conversion.

Because I have got the same error previously. If it has space then the file polls up and dont show up any error message anywhere.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy

My recordset structure: Buildings,,Additions,,Floors,,Rooms,

Recordset sequence:

Variable

Recordsets per message:

I have tried it both with something in the recordset name field, and with that blank.

In my datatype all 4 nodes have a datatype of 0...unbounded

I've gone through it several times looking for typos, and i've found a few small ones, but fixing them doesn't seem to change the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for reference, the solution was removing the quotes around the values in the key field parameters.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As suggested, check the logs in Message Monitoring->Audit Log for the Adapter Engine..

Check the content conversion once again. I think problem with content conversion. Check very carefully on this.

Regards,

Moorthy