cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What we can do by SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe and What we cannot do

former_member455947
Participant
0 Kudos

My question is what we can do by SIFbA and What we cannot do. Means advantages and disadvantages of SIFbA in online and offline scenarios.

Regards

Iftikhar Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I guess what you need, please point out what is the different from your actual task:

1) give offline form to the user

2) get the data out of the filled form (upload to SAP ERP/ portal etc. needed!!)

3) save the data to backend etc. and use part of the data to fill the newly generated form (template 2)

4) distribute the form 2 to the users (email, portal etc.)

5) user fills and uploads again, data extracted and saved

6) the end

Is this what you want? It can be done easily.

Otto

former_member455947
Participant
0 Kudos

In my scenario there is no real time connectivity of internet is possible.

I found it is not possible that one adobe form can read the data from other adobe form in offline machine.

Thanks for helping me. I am closing the thread and giving you the points.

Regards

Iftikhar Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it is not possible that one adobe form can read the data from other adobe form in offline machine.

Thanks for helping me. I am closing the thread and giving you the points.

Regards

vinoth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can save a PDF file into another PDF file. If both are interactive forms and after completeing one process (first form) you want to keep the reference in the second form, you can upload the first one as the attachment into the second one. In the backend SAP system you can extract data from the second, extract the attachments from the second (what is the first form), then extract data from the first one too. if you have no access, there is no help. But if you have ocasional access to the net, you could use web services called from your forms.

regards Otto

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These types of questions have been answered here before and you will need to make a Search for finding it.

Chintan

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do anything you can do in sapscripts and smartforms, most of the things you can do in WD.

You´d better ask what do you need to do. Nobody will give you a reasonable answer for your question.

Or search for Adobe / smartforms comparison.

Regards, Otto

former_member455947
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I want to say,

In offline scenario there are two interactive PDF forms on the system. Can data be filled from one interactive PDF to other interactive PDF automatically?