cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project builder to Quotation line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I have a requirement in my company about which I've googling to find some solution. I will try my level best to be precise. If more information are needed pl let me know.

In project builder, we have 4 levels and planning is done at level4 which are dynamic items. After ECP, we generate quotation with DP81.

We need level 3 to appear as line items in the quotation (to be clear, level 3 would be a level up the individual costing elements).

For example: we would like to categorise as "services", Professional Services" and "materials" and these are billable line items.

Since these are the billable line items, I need these to appear in quotations & Sales Order as individual line items. We don't run RRB and hence bill the planned cost to the customer directly.

This would mean that the ECP should be calculated under these levels and summarised as each service material in the quotation as given in the following example:

Item Material Quantity

10 Services X

20 Professional Services x

30 Materials (Hardware) x

Currently all the costs are added to one service material and reflected in the quotation in one line item.

I am going round to find the relationship between costing elements in CJ20N and line items in Quotation. I am hopeful that somewhere in DIP, one or all of the following would influence my requirements.

1) dynamic items without material in Usage

or 2) Material determination (tick box) and /or 3) No summariztion

4) Individual (tick box) in material determination

Can someone help me with this requirement. Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Srini.

Couple of stuff..

As soon as I posted in this forum, I did add more materials to DIP and ran ECP/Quotation and could see many line items but NOT with the materials I listed but another material existed earlier. You had mentioned about ECP template having my materials and services. I presume that this is in Project builder? If not, where else could I map my quotation materials and ECP materials?

At the moment, the quantity determination in quotation should be ok. However, if you find some solution on this, pl do share with me and would be of great help.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sri,

What you need to do is that, you have to define three different materail / Services in the DIP profile. once you define these, if your ECP template contains materail / services belongs to thses three materail / services, then, when you create DP81 definetly you would be able to see three different line items separately.

But only problem is that the quantities will nto be displayed, which still i'm alos trouble shooting

Regards,

Srinivasa