cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPATH Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

How can we create Xpath condition in Interface Determination in PI 7.1. When i give the left operand and right operand and click on save and see, there is no data in the Condition which was defined earlier.

In my scenario, there is no IR Part involved, so there is no Operation mapping involved.

thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you define the XPATH Condition in ID -

Go to

Interface Determination their you have two options one is for standered and one is for External --- you can select the external Radio button and it will ask the XPATH location so if you define the XPATH their.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

goto --> interface Determination --> go in CONDITION --> click on Left Operand

Click on XPath radio button --> select field for condition and Click on OK

Check left operand is filled ?

IF filled, now give right

give value mannually for right operand

Click on OK --> SAVE -->Activate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

When i perform the process and save it and then activate, i am unable to see them again in Condition.

In the left operand i am giving the "/mestype" operand as "=" and right operand as "Idoc name" and saving it n activating.

thank you

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Abhishek already suggested you that without Service Interface & Operation Mapping, it is not possible to give a condition in Interface Determination in XPATH.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my blog i mentioned a condition in receiver Determination of SAP PI7.1 when the Message structure was not visible (due to Interface Pattern)......but then Interface Determination is free from any such limitation.....just give a try to the procedure that i followed to give the condition (i am still doubtful about it)....who knows may work for you:

/people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/15/sap-pi71-receiver-determination-xpath-and-you

just give //mestype instead of /mestype .... the input file should be a valid XML and should have mestype node (case sensitive)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek&Sandeep

I have seen a scenario where it is exactly as mine. For the service interface he is giving the "message type with idoc name " and no "operation mapping" and in condition he is giving the ( mestype=message type with idoc name ) in document.

For the above scenario is it possible to give a condition in Interface Determination in XPATH.

plz help me out

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Interface Determination, it is routing Interface to Operation Mapping for the scenario.

When you do not have Operation Mapping, so what is the use to give XPATH condtion in Interface Determination.

Try to give this XPATH condtion in Receiver Determination.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try the method suggested in earlier reply....use //mestype .... is mestype a field/ node in the Inbound Payload? If yes then only XPATH will work.....if it is not a field/ node in the payload then you wont get the desired result.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In my scenario, there is no IR Part involved, so there is no Operation mapping involved

Do condition(s) work in such a situation?

No IR part means no service interface, and hence means no XPATH....so no possibility to define a condition.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>No IR part means no service interface, and hence means no XPATH....so no possibility to define a condition.

It is possible. We can manually type in the context path and the namespace as per the source payload.

Regards,

Praveen

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Replied with the probable solution

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I saw

there is hardly one minute difference beteween our replies