Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of SAVE and SUBMIT functionality on offline form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to Interactive forms...

Below is the functionality that is required.

There should be two buttons at the end of the pdf form

1) document: 'Save' and 'Submit'. 'Save' enables the user to close the document without losing the changes they have made and changes the document status to 'In process'. *There will be File -> Save functionality in PDF. Can we acieve the same using the save button i.e., without losing the changes when save button is pressed and also does scripting work for offline form when SAVE button is pressed *

2) 'Submit' enables the user to confirm they have finished changing the document, saves the changes and changes the document status to 'Complete'. I have to dynamically change the input field status when SUBMIT is clicked using some scripting and also make the document read only for all the Input fields.

Can we incorporate the above functionality in Offline?

If possible can you describe how to go about it?

Regards,

Srinivas Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again )

1) status change: that is easy: yourhierarchypath.STATUS.rawValue = "completed". To set the status of the form to completed, I guess that is a text field, si yes, it is that easy.

2) there is save button in your Reader, why do you need any other save button? but yes, if you do a little search you will find a simple script to trigger the same action from your button as the standard Reader save button is triggering.

In both cases the behavior is the same and opens thhe "save as" dialog. Please don´t ask for "silent" save.

3) scripting works any time

4) both save and submit buttons will probably trigger the very similar functionality

5) after the sumbit, the user will upload the form somewhere? or maybe you would like to send a mail on submit for example?

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Otto,

For SAVEAS Does it depend on acorbat reader version etc?

Do I have to enable "Enable User Right"?

Regards,

Srinivas

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case you want to allow the end uer to save the form with data then YES you will have to enable User Rights for the generated form.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

I report a problem, the link is:

Do you give me some hint for the problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

tao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr. Tao, since you have 187 posts and not a single SDN point, you´re not quite welcomed here. If I were you I would fix this immediately or you will get no more help here. I insist. Then we can come back to you problem. Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need your form to be interactive to make all the mentioned things above come true. But if you have some time to try or you don´t need SAP to manipulate the PDF, you can create the form outside SAP, using Adobe Acrobat and send only results into SAP. This would reduce the fee for running such a scenario by dozens percents sometimes.

Otto