cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default product category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In SRM 5.0- Classic scenario, in non-catalog items SC , when the user doesn't select the product category , system is creating a SC using the deafult product category.

We want to throw an error message "XXX" once the user clicks on details button keeping product category field as blank and , the product category should not be auto-populated from the default one in the basic data as well.

Any inputs?

Regards,

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kedar & Muthu:)

I have 1 ques here , after creating dummy product category in SRM and implementing DOC_CHECK BADI, If the user will click on basic data , what would appear in Product category field ? Would it be Dummy or blank?

Regards,

Pratibha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The product category filed could be Blank.

You need to create Dummy productcategory with description "-"

Example:-

PC Description

12000000 -

FYI: We are using in our project as Blank.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suneel,

We also want blank in the product category field. Could you please elaborate the steps to create a Dummy or blank product category via comm_hierarchy.

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Execture Tcode: COMM_HIERARCHY

Step 1: First under which hierarchy do want create the new dummy PC. (Ex. GLOBAL)

Step2: In Find filed, selct the Category and Start.

Step 3: select the any product category and click on Choose details button option.

Step 4: Select the Hierarch (Ex. Global) and goto Display <-> Change button and clink on change mode. You can find Create new category button got activated. Click on that.

Step 5: One pop up will come give the Dummy category ID xxxxxxx & Despcription - and save.

Step 6: you can find new dummy category.

Step 7: PPOSA_BBP assign this Dummy category in Extended attributes as default category.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again....

do u mean creating product category Id as XXXXX and description also XXX would create a product category as a blank product category?

P.S - I do not have auth to comm_hierarchy so clarifying ........

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have provided example as XXXXXXX, you need to numeric serial number (ex: 12000000) and description (ex: - ).

If you dont have authrorisatio check with functional consultant or contact security person to give authrisation.

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

I created dummy Product category as below:

Category Id - ZZZZZ

Category Description - " ."

Since we are validating Account Assignment and G/L account in our Doc Check badi...so it giving errors. I think we wil be able to supress these errors.

The major problem I am facing is the error message which is of abort type " No Logical System for FI is maintained" due to which SC is getting aborted . I think System is showing this message from Include "LBBP_PDF0J" .

Any help on this ?

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

Category Id - ZZZZZ

Since we are validating Account Assignment and G/L account in our Doc Check badi...so it giving errors. I think we wil be able to supress these errors.

The major problem I am facing is the error message which is of abort type " No Logical System for FI is maintained" due to which SC is getting aborted . I think System is showing this message from Include "LBBP_PDF0J" .

Any help on this ?

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

Category Id - ZZZZZ

Any help on this ?

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

Category Id - ZZZZZ

Any help on this ?

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check into ppoma_bbp if you defined product category into Attribute's TAB

regards

andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This issue can be resolved by using the BBP_DOC_CHECK BADI.

Currently we have followed the following steps to force users to change the Product category

in Shopping carts.

1) Create a Dummy Product Category in SRM using Transaction COMM_HIERARCHY

2) Assign the Dummy product Category at the Root node in Org structure--> Extended Attributes as a default

for everyone

3) Add a code in BBP_DOC_CHECK BADI for Shopping cart. The code broadly will do the following:

u2022 Extract Shopping Cart Line Item Detail

u2022 Validate Category ID not equal to the dummy or initial for all line items

u2022 If any item is found with the dummy ,append the table to et_messages , so that error is displayed to user

Regards

Kedar

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kedar solution is very correct.

Muthu