Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Menu Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Users are seeing the role names on the left side of the screen when they log into SAP instead of the menu descriptions. How can I change these settings to normal menu display.

Appriciate your advice in this one.

Thanks!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should have checked the forum, similar question was asked earlier

Check for a post from Julius, it is the one of the top 5 threads in this list.

Anyway, go to EXTRAS==>Adiministrative information in SAP Easy access, it would give you more details on this

0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

I did checked the available posts on this topicd but could not find a workable solution.

And yes in EXTRAS, I am not able to see Administrative Information.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rasheed,

Extras --> Settings --> Uncheck 'Display Technical Names'

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi,

that will only remove visibility on the trasaction display and nothing else.

Please go through the post from Julius and check the OSS NOTE 203994, it is informative

0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem that I am facing gets resolved if I delete the roles from the menu of the composites assigned to the users facing the problem.

0 Kudos

>

> Please go through the post from Julius and check the OSS NOTE 203994, it is informative

>

With reference to "my thread" we don't use any composites - may their armpits become infested with the flees of a thousand single roles.

>

> The problem that I am facing gets resolved if I delete the roles from the menu of the composites assigned to the users facing the problem.

>

Using composites without menus, which is my understanding of the solution found here, seems okay... but only if the singles are well built and with discipline.

In our case all menus from the same "module" departments have the same structure 3 levels deep. The +1 level is still merged for redundancy even if the folder name is different and can (as an antry point) wander outside of the module).

Well......... then you might as well have built solid single roles and tried to keep the number down to a minimum?

If you are going to have a "basic functions" role, then a "basic functions" folder or even report tree does the same trick and you can tie it to 1 single transaction.

Such "place holders" are little pests with large administrative gains and you dont need to make the rest of the concept rocket science to maintain and redundant Excel spreadhseets to check.

Cheers,

Julius