Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening attachments

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

I kindly ask for your expertize.

I have a user running new SAPGUI (7.1) and new Adobe Reader (9.1 or something) on Windows 2000. The problem is when the user clicks on the "download attachment" (which is any document saved in SAP GOS), the error message appears that the document is unreachable and cannot be opened, and the path to the file is mentioned.

When you follow the path in the windows explorer, you get to the SAPWordDir, where there is the desired file and can be opened, modified etc.

My question is:

a) has anybody faced the similar problem?

b) is that reason in SAP GUI, in OS or any other suggestion?

c) is there any file path length limit in Windows 2000?

d) any other suggestion?

Thank you all, Otto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I saw your thread in another forum the other day.

I'd open an OSS call for that problem (BC-FES-GUI) and ask there for assistance.

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never found a cause or a solution. the user got a new computer with Vista and stuff what resolved the problem. Otto

p.s.: also got some ideas here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe this is not related o SAP GUI, please check with Function team they can help. or check acccess to work directory using(not windows level) try access the directory thorugh SAP.

Thanks,

Prasant

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer,

I have very little experience with OSSs. Do you think this is a good reason to ask for help? In fact the computer could be replaced if it would be absolutely needed. Maybe it is easier to replace the computer by Vista than contact SAP for this?

I am afraid that the problem is caused by the PC and not the SAP system and how could I give the access the SAP guys to the computer? What do you think about that?

Have a nice day,

regards, Otto