cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI-Adapter in AAE for PI 7.1EHP1 ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I saw on a presentation of SAP PI productmanagement that via PI 7.1EHP1 it is also possible to process messages locally in the AAE that come over XI-Protocol (from ABAP Proxy).

I know that e.g. JDBC/File/SOAP/ is possible via AAE and I tested it already successfully.

But with the XI-Adapter I am not sure. The onlinedocumentation always tells me that XI-Protocol is still not supported in PI 7.1.EHP1.

From my point of view on the bussiness-system-side the connection (/nsm59) that points to the IntegrationServer needs to be changed. Because now it points to servername:port/sap/xie/engine and this of course is a node in /nsicf (ABAP).

Does anyone of you know if XI-Protocol processing locally via AAE is posible and what needs to be don on BusinessSystem-side?

Many thanks

Eckhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The XI adapter is part of the SOAP adapter. You specify protocol type XI.

In receiver adapter you send the data to the local integration engine of the business system.

At sender side you have to change the URL in SMXB_ADM of the business system to point to the SOAP adapter.

The XI protocol in SOAP adapter has some known issues. It can be used for XI - PCK connection or XI - J2SE adapter connection, but the XI - ABAP/Java proxy is not recommended at the moment (maybe that has changed now).

Look out for SAP notes.

Hope that helps

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good answeres and links to SDN-document

Former Member
0 Kudos

many thanks for your help,

I will try the guide from SDN to implement it.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Eckhard

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Does anyone of you know if XI-Protocol processing locally via AAE is posible and what needs to be don on 
BusinessSystem-side?

In SAP PI7.1.1, SOAP adapter comes with an additional message protocol support for XI3.0 (which was till now available for XI Adapter). Using this you can configure AAE....for more information refer this document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Regards,

Abhishek.