SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP F&R - Creating More Than One Ignore DIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We're running F&R 5.1, we have one internal Ignore DIF in the system and we want to create another external Ignore DIF. But when we try to create the second Ignore DIF, the system error message shows:

"There must be only one DIF type of I"

There's no way to skip this message, so isn't it possible to create more than one Ignore DIF?

Thanks,

Yang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yang,

No, it is not possible to create more than one DIF in this case.

Looking at it logically, there seems to be no reason to make a separate DIF identifier for ignore 'I' type.

To override the problem, you can assign different DIF occurences for the DIF identifier to go ahead in your scenario

Regards

Prashant Kedare

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yang,

No, it is not possible to create more than one DIF in this case.

Looking at it logically, there seems to be no reason to make a separate DIF identifier for ignore 'I' type.

To override the problem, you can assign different DIF occurences for the DIF identifier to go ahead in your scenario

Regards

Prashant Kedare

0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant Kedare, the reason we want to create another Ignore DIF is to keep the current Internal Ignore and have another External Ignore. Do you know if it's possible for the external system to send in Ignore DIF occurrence which is Internal?

Yang

0 Kudos

Hello Yang,

the system allows you to generate internal DIF occurences of DIF type Ignore from both internal and external system.

Please consider that the Internal No. and External No. only refers to the way how to define the DIF occurrence ID. Internally means the system is creating it automatically. External means a user has to type it in.

See also the customizing point about Number Ranges For DIF Occurrences (tcode /FRE/DIFNR).

Kind regards, Rainer