cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI and ISO 8583 integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Does SAP PI/XI support ISO 8583 integration scenario? (either by standard Adapter or third party Adapter)

Note: ISO 8583 provides a framework for creating protocols for the exchange of financial transaction messages.

Eg.POS Terminal or ATM, the transaction will be transported by ISO 8583 protocol to route to the bank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8583

Really appreciate for some details.

Many thanks,

Kristianto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristianto,

>>Does SAP PI/XI support ISO 8583 integration scenario?

If I understood correctly then your query is will XI support this format? or whether XI is capable of converting into this format.

We had an earlier scenario where we need to convert the XML message from PI to ISO 8583 message format. We have made use of Java proxy to do the same. I think conversion agent (of SAP ) may also be be used for this format. Though never tried CA (conversion agent) with ISO8583 (but have tried with SWIFT formats)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for sharing, I have some further questions:

1. To use Java Proxy to convert ISO 8583 message format to PI XML format (and visa verce), do you use any 3rd party library to do it? Would you share some information how to configure the Java Proxy to achieve this?

2. Is it possible CA (conversion agent) to communicate using socket, like ISO 8583 (or using file)? Previously how do you configure the CA with SWIFT format?

Many thanks,

Kristianto.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristianto,

>> To use Java Proxy to convert ISO 8583 message format to PI XML format (and visa verce), do you use any 3rd party library to do it? Would you share some information how to configure the Java Proxy to achieve this?

We got the XSD for this from the bank (they are generic and proprietary for each bank). Once you have the XSD and the XML (sample) we wrote java code to make one from the flat file (using DOM)

>>2. Is it possible CA (conversion agent) to communicate using socket, like ISO 8583 (or using file)? Previously how do you configure the CA with SWIFT format?

Actually CA helps you in converting a XML toSWIFT format and vice versa, Once you have created a project in CS you need to use it as a module in the Communication channel of PI. SAP PI internally calls this module and does the conversion and provide you with a SWIFT format file. But if you wan to send it to a particular server (using some socket programming) then that shoudl be done separately. CA helps you in the conversion, but cannot post it to some socket.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Regarding the Java proxy for ISO 8583, may I know which library/class do you use for client socket and input/output stream?

Do you use 3rd party library?

Many thanks,

Kristianto.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristianto,

>>Regarding the Java proxy for ISO 8583, may I know which library/class do you use for client socket and input/output stream?

Do you use 3rd party library?

Our steps were like this

1. We had a java mapping which will take the target XML and make the ISO string message. Later we put it in one XML node of the target structure.

2. In receiver java proxy we extracted this ISO String message and using the normal socket programming (of java) we sent it to the BancConnect server.

I heard that now-a-days this bancConnect server have web-services, so you dont have to open a tcp/ip connection to them (& hence socket programming can be avoided)

We have not used any third party libraries

Regards

Suraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristianto,

Yes, PI supports this scenario...we can achieve this by Java proxy....generally banking systems(most of the Banks in INDIA uses FINACLE) supports ISO8583 format through TCP/IP connection....Data can be received or send via TCP/IP connection from or to Banking systems....Import the ISO8583 XSD at design part and configure the Java server proxy.....at the java code you need to parse the content from ISO8583 XML format and need to send as a string to the TCP/IP port using socket connection open programming....Here the crucial part is BITMAP generation......we faced problems with BITMAP generation at my earlier project and resolved it successfully..

Thanks,

Kalyan

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using SAP XI/PI we can convert data format to ISO format. In communication channel level we have option for that. Depending on requirement please choose that.