cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding ESS Addresses Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using EP 7.0 and implemented ESS/MSS.

Now they have activated Com01, Num01 fields of Infotype 6(Adresses).

But these fields are not visible in the Addresses application of ESS.

For example if I add these entries in Permanent address type, these fields are not displayed in Portal,

Is there any configuration available in the ECC to make these fields visible in portal ESS application also since these fields are standard or do we need to go for customization.

Any idea on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

You have to also modify the screen structure to show additional fields in the ESS Application.

For step by step process please go through this Wiki... [ESS Personal Information UI enhancement without modification|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=profile&title=ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification&decorator=printable]

Warm Regards,

Upendra Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

Thanks a lot for your very precise and swift response.

If I am doing this using self-service administrator role, how can I transport this to the next level say QA and Production?

Is there any other way to move the changes that I did or can I create the transport package with the iviews that I have changed.

Kindly clarify the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Upendra,

When I am trying to customize using Implecit WebDynpro method, I am not getting the option Edit Custom Extension fields as mentioned in this document provided in the link.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=profile&title=ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification&decorator=printable

Any suggesion on this is appreciated.

Regards,

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

If I am doing this using self-service administrator role, how can I transport this to the next level say QA and Production?
Is there any other way to move the changes that I did or can I create the transport package with the iviews that I have changed.

Yes, you have to create the TP with the iviews or pages you modified.

When I am trying to customize using Implecit WebDynpro method, I am not getting the option Edit Custom Extension fields as mentioned in this document provided in the link.

In the popup of the Implicit WebDynpro method at the top there is a dropdown having the values as :

UI elements tree, Personalized UI elements, & Custom extension fields .

Please Select the Custom extension fields from the dropdown to Edit Custom Extension fields.

Hope it clarifies.

Warm Regards,

Upendra Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Upendra,

Will this work only if I have edited the structure of the Function module?

Because when I select the Custom Extension fields in the drop down nothing is there to add also I cannot add new UI elements.

One more thing, I cannt find the BADI HRPAD00INFTYUI instead I am able to find HRPAD00INFTY BADI..

Kindly advice

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We enhanced the structure in the RFC and implemented the BADI as mentioned in the document and it worked fine.

Thanks a lot for everyone who helped for this.

Best Regards,

Vivek.