cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES ERP 2004 installation / Solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am about to install IDES ERP 2004 on a test desktop system and I would like to know if I also need to install solution manager, any suggestions?

Thanks

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Not required to install solution manager just generate the installation key from your solution manager server by giving all details of your system like sid host name and system no and generate the key and use this during installatio .

aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we are installing IDES ERP 2005. We do not have access to solution manager yet. We need somebody to generate a key for us to get us past the install. Can somebody help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

"...somebody to generate a key..." That somebody would be your company that holds the SAP license. In the absence of a Solution Manager installation you might contact your SAP account manager for assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Welcome to SDN!

You can find the guide for ERP 2004 installation at

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> ERP 2004. Its

the same as a DB instance isntallation. You just have to

provide the IDES DVDs. No need to install the solution manager.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks for the speedy response. I’m still a bit confused, as I’m current reading through the relevant master and instillation guides and section 4.4 on the master guide allude to the fact that a solution manager key needs to generated or the instillation will abort. Is this not the case?

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

If during the installation, SAPInst asks for the solution

manager key, then the key has to be generated else the

installation will fail. You must have access to a

solution manager system to generate a key, no need to

install a new one. Just the transaction smsy on solution

manager system will generate the key.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks once again. This is probably obvious but is it possible to generate the key without solution manager, as solution manager is not currently part of our system landscape.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I am not sure if its possible to generate the key without

solution manager, but I would suggest to have a SolMan

system in the landscape because all of the new/future applications installation/upgrade would ask for a SolMan key. Please refer to Note 811923 for more information regarding the SolMan key.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

If you installing IDES ERP 2004, there is no need of key generated in Solution Mnager.we have done it before but it didn't ask for the key at any step of installation.It runs fine.

Regrds,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank..

Did you succeed to install the ERP 2004 on your desktop ?

I have the 21 CD's of the IDES ERP 2004 (only export data) but not kernel or application cd yet and I would like to install the ERP at home also for testing. do you have any procedure ?