cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating .RTF output files - PI7.0 Receiver file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently facing an issue with the Receiver File adapter where in the output files are required to be of the format of .RTF (Rich Text Format).

The scenarios is an outbound proxy from SAP ABAP - > PI 7.0 -> .RTF File

All the data required to be present in the file will be coming in the source structure

Can the File Receiver Adapter handle this ?

Is there a way to generate Files with extension .rtf ??

It is a requriement since the output files will be used as Reports , and so the desired format.

I am unsure if I will have to use XSLT mapping , in this because i am new to that , Kindly let me know how to go about it ,. any links or pointers on how to achieve the same will be welcome.

thanks

Dev

Edited by: sd on Feb 17, 2010 8:23 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use any extension for Receiver file adapter. However, if the recepient application expects in a specific format such RTF (which is microsofts propritary binary format) then you have to handle the same in adapter module or mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reponse Praveen

Can you please let me know how can i put the extension as .rtf for the output files i am generating ??

as far as the formatting is concerned ... it is like ... the header needs to be of a particular Font , a particular font size , bold etc and so is the case for line items

I am unsure if it is possible using an Adapter module as well

thanks

Dev