cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the q. cert., when we go to material tab, there are 2 different tables for mtrl entry i.e. data origin for char from insps and data origin for char from batches.

what is the difference.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In simple terms

data origin for char from insps : Means from MIC data will be populated in Certificate after valuation.

and

data origin for char from batches: means data will be populated from the bacth valuation in the certificate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean in second case there is no need to create the inspection lot.If it is so, how to put the results in batches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In both the cases lot is to be created.when you transfre the results in batches like in case of pharma industry material or material in case of process industry ,you can use the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of pharma company, does the results in batches and in insp lot will be same or different?If it is same, then cant we use the first table.if yes, when to use second table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Condiation is that all the char/MIC in the Batch must be in task list but not vice-versa.If both are same then you can directly use first table as you said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the char in batch are not in task list,then we have to use the second table.Am I understood right?If those char will not be in task list,where to put the results for those chars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No

For a Batch char in batch must be in task list.It will never happen that char is not in task list be results are trnafered form mic in task list to batch.

In simple just remember when you want batchwise certificate use second option.When you don't want use origin as char

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This is for selecting / filtering the data.

If you select the "Data origin for chars. from insp.", then u can restrict the results for the characteristics which are from perticular inspection lot origin, inspection type, with perticular quality score & OK not OK lots etc.

If u select"Data origin for chars. from insp" then system will take data from batches & not from the lots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not get you clearly.Do you mean if batch management is active then we need to put the material in second table .i.e. data origin for char from batches?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

I am pesting the use of these two, as defined by SAP

Sort Number in List of Materials for Certificate Profile

Defines the sequence for the materials. When certificates are created, the system searches through the materials in this sequence for characteristic data.

Use

If the characteristic data comes from inspections, use the list data origin for characteristics from inspections.

If the characteristic data comes from batches, use the list data origin for characteristics from batches.

Examples

Finished product A was produced from two components B and C. In turn, these components were produced from raw materials D and E.

Characteristic data from the inspection of the raw materials and of component B is to be printed on the certificate for the finished product A.

To achieve this, enter the following in the material list data origin for characteristics from inspections:

No. Material

10 B

20 D

30 E

Dependencies

When the certificate is created, the system determines which batches were actually used in production, with the help of the batch where-used list for the finished product. When selecting the data, the system does not take materials into account that appear in the list of materials, but do not appear in the batch where-used list.