Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Assignment in PROJECT or WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PS experts

I am creating project and WBS

But when I create this in assignment tab it gives default controlling area and it is greyed, I am not able to change it

and it affected my entire process, whenever i carry out any transaction system is giving error

WBS element SERVICE1 does not belong to controlling area 1000

HOW CAN I SET MY 1000 CONTROLL AREA FOR PROJECT & WBS

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Controlling area can no longer be changed once the project definition is saved. It will be inherited by any new elements your create or insert into the WBS.

It is not possible to have a WBS element with a different COArea than the Project definition's COArea.

In your case, please consider creating a new WBS element instead.

Hope this helps

Regards

Martina

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martina is correct - A project and all its objects can only belong to one controlling area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Dear all,

My question is how i can change controlling area,

here is story.

When I create project defination, it is taking default controlling area as 0001, but i want to change it as 1000

it is in display mode so I unable to do this,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to make the following config change:

in OPSA, select your project profile,

go to Organization tab and Replace Controlling area to 1000.

This will give a default value of 1000 for all projects with this project profile.

Regards,

Amol Sarode

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CoAr ( Controlling Area ) is only you can change when you create proejct defincation before save in all the Project Maintenance transaction for ex. Cj20n.

If you wanted instead of 001 CoAr 1000 in that case,

There are two option

1 Create Proejct Project in OPSA where in organization tab give CoAr as 1000. and create project using this new Project profile.

2. If while creating Project Defination In Cj20n you are getting filed CoAr in disply mode in that case you can make as input via field selection in OPUJ ( In that case some influence is used in your system )

With Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...You can have only one controlling area for all the WBS under one project

But i feel that your query is to change the controlling area for all the WBS element,if i am correct then follow the below steps

--> Go to transaction OPUK filed settings for the WBS element and there you mark the field as input field and then go and change the WBS element controlling area, this can only be done if there are no posting made to the WBS element and if it is in CRTD status.

Rgds,

Abraham.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Across the project, irrespective of objects (Proj defn., WBS, etc..) controlling area is same. You can default this by assigning a controlling area in your project profile. You can not have different controlling areas in different WBSEs in same project.

Regards

Amaresh Makal