cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a background job number but cant find more details abt it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a background job number which is been executed through the abap program /SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_RUN

But then i can see it runs with a particular job number. But when i want to see the details of what job and what activity is been executed along with it i am unable to see it?

Can anyone let me know how to see the job details for the job number which is been executed through the above abap program

Thanks

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

from sm37 i found out the abp prgm with the variant, i am able to get the job number but then i am unable find the jobs number

/SAPAPO/MC8D nor the activity?

Can anyone guide me on this!!

Thanks

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

In the report /SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_RUN the input parameter 'Background Job Number' is a mandatory field.

So please check the variant. There should be some value for the Job Number.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Execute the transaction /SAPAPO/MC8E with the job number what you used in the report /SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_RUN. You get the Activity name and Selection Id. Again with the activity name execute the transaction /SAPAPO/MC8T to see activity details.

Regards,

Siva.

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja ,

ABAP program /SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_RUN is used for different activities like running Macros,Forecasting by diff statistcal models or releases forecast from DP to SNP or to R/3 for large combination of data in mass processing .

To run this program one need to define specific activity as above and assign it to a job with other related parameters like Plg area plg book and seletion profile etc.Then this need to defined in a ABAP program as a variant for execution.

For your case please check the log

1. In SM37-->job step --> as a ABAP Program name(/SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_RUN) and give selected date when you have

executed this program.

2.Select the job name and use 'Step' button on top to see what steps (activities)have been executed for the job/Program and seletion parameters used.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Digambar