Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What is Accessibility Mode in WD ABAP.

Acessibility mode is there in IF_FITV_FPM_API interface.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Accessibility is one of the Prodcut Standards endorsed by SAP.

All the standard applications created by SAP follow the accessibility UI Product standard.

Have a look at following links-

http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/standardssupport/accessibility.epx

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/fd/7c4a41edf0db2be10000000a1550b0/content.htm

When accessibility parameter is appended to URL then all the tooltips are modified so that a visually challenged person can also use SAP applications with the help of screen reader software.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am a fresher in WD ABAP. I am not getting much from this, can u plz explain in more details.

In my case, i am working on enhancements in standard WD components.

in the standard coding the following statement is getting used.

if wd_comp_controller->fpm_api->accessibility_mode = abap_true.

If this statements is true then some of the elements got invisible because of the code written under this statement.

Now i have to change the value of this attribute. so that in the standard code it will give a value as false.

If i can achieve that through configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Take a case of Charts - like Histogram chart, in case person is visually challenged this chart will not make any sense to him and screen reader software will not be able to read the values of this chart as this is a graphic, so based on the accessibility mode whether it is true or false, developers will set the visibility of this chart as true or false.

If true - accessiblity active they show the same results in a table and make the chart invisible.

if false- accessiblity inactive they show the chart.

As far as setting this flag to false is concerned You can set this flag to false using configuration - tab Application parameters - activate accessibility mode - checkbox

Also, you check in debuggin whether this flag is set as true of false.

Edited by: Manas Dua on Feb 17, 2010 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This statement is written in a component which does not have a application

if wd_comp_controller->fpm_api->accessibility_mode = abap_true

This component is getting used in some other compoenent. How can i change the value of this parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a suggestion - try chanding the app configuration of the component which is using this component. Check if it works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats not working. Even Accessibility Check box is not editable. All other things are editable.