cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Exchange rate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Letu2019s say, we are in 15th Juneu201910. We have to do billing for Maru201910. System should pick up the exchange rate for 31st Maru201910.

How to achieve this ?

While billing , can the system ask for Exchange rate date. Whatever data is entered by the user, exchange rate will be picked up for this date.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general, system will fetch the exchange rate from ob08 based on the date when you generate the billing document. So try to maintain the service rendered date as 31-03-10 as indicated by you and update the forum whether this meets your requirement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply...

If we update the exchange rate base on service rental date then system will consider this for pricing calculation.

But the requirement is to update header level exchange rate which will consider while accounting document gets created.

What i suggested to client is "update exchange rate in to sales order base on dates, and while creating billing document system will consider sales order exchange rate not current exchange rateu201D and client is agreed the solution.

If i am confusing you please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish Patil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In copy controll you can set it at item level VTFL or VTFA

Slect combination say LF to F2

Click on items >>> select item >>> details >>> PricingExchRate type

There are various options

A - Copy from sales order

B - Xchange rate = accounting rate

C - Exchange rate determination according to billing date

D - Exchange rate determination according to Pricing date

E - Exchange rate determination according to current date

F - Exchange rate determination according to service rendered date

Set it as per your best fit condition

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kapil,

I tried this setting, if i select option D Exchange rate is coming correctly in Billing item level based on pricing date.

but same time billing header rate is coming different which is based on billing date. once i post this billing doc to FI system is considering header level exchange rate which is not correct.

Please suggest....

One more point i would like to add do we have different currencies in one sales order?? like PR00 is in USD and VAT condition is INR

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you can give some information on this would be helpful.

One more query what is the use of Set Exchange Rate indicator in Billing header details.

Is it possible me to update manual exchange rate??

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr, Ratish,

Please go through the link and the OSS notes given in that link.

Hope this helps.

Regard,

MT